Author Topic: Undocumented HUO Cactus Canyon and Cirqus Voltaire -- FS  (Read 4094 times)

Offline bamboo

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Wreck it!
Undocumented HUO Cactus Canyon and Cirqus Voltaire -- FS
« on: February 09, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »
Hi ya'll....

I have an undocumented HUO Cactus Canyon that is completely beautiful and unmolested game.   These were the best games in my collection and I couldn't bear to bring them to the museum.

It was sold to a board member and then was very awesome and sold back to me a year or two ago.  It's completely beautiful with all the extra stuff Goodie bags, manual, etc. 

I am going to use funds to buy more/fund games for the museum-- so I would be open to multiple games + cash. Specifically newer games that I could put in the museum.

If It's straight cash it's going to be in the $14.5K Range.    I hope that this doesn't derail into a price police thread, I have faith that we're all better than that around here :)

Also, I have a undocumented HUO Cirqus Voltaire that I'd sell in the mid $7k range. Beautiful and flawless game.  I just can't bear to put it in the museum, so I'm listing things here.

I'm posting this locally to our community, if it's going out of state sale by wire transfer only.

Brian
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:49:16 PM by bamboo »

Offline Cloud2Ground

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Undocumented HUO Cactus Canyon and Cirqus Voltaire -- FS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »
I have seen and played these games at Brain's house a few years ago and they both play and look beautiful!! You will not be disappointed once you see them for yourself...

GLWS Brian
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:41:16 PM by Cloud2Ground »
" The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity " - The Lord of Darkness/Tim Curry

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Brian have you reached out to Brian Styles?  I know he was looking for a very fine example of Cactus Canyon a while back.
Thanks

Offline flecom

• flecom.net
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
I hope that this doesn't derail into a price police thread, I have faith that we're all better than that around here :)

LOL... oh wait your serious?

no I'm kidding, the price is whatever you set man, that being said a HUO CC? How often do those come around! and $7k for a nice CV is perfectly reasonable... if anyone want's to price police you they are just being jerks...

I would think about the CV but I have one already, awesome game, totally worth it, GLWS!!! :)
My spoon is too big!

Pins: PCMCIA, USB, S/PDIF, DVI, VGA, ASDF, WASD, SIP, TCP, IMAP, LIFO, TWAIN, UART, LOL, WUT?
Vids: A perfboard full of 555s

Offline pindan3

• And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
wow! 7k for CV.....thats a great price! GLWTS!
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline Mando

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:56:54 PM »
I love CV, I think he said mid 7k's :)

Offline flecom

• flecom.net
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:56 AM »
I love CV, I think he said mid 7k's :)

I never learned to read  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
My spoon is too big!

Pins: PCMCIA, USB, S/PDIF, DVI, VGA, ASDF, WASD, SIP, TCP, IMAP, LIFO, TWAIN, UART, LOL, WUT?

Offline Styles

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Cars, Pins, Toys, & Guns... refusing to grow up!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »
Agreed. CV for mid $7k is considerably less than I'd consider selling mine for. 

I don't think CV will ever be negatively affected by rumors of a remake. Too many non-standard things about the title from the head to the DMD in the playfield. Only 2,704 units built. IMO, this title will be harder and harder to find, especially those examples in pristine condition.

CC on the other hand is tougher. As much as a I am a die-hard collector of original examples of the B/W A-list titles, this is one that I am actually waiting for the remake of. If I'm going to spend that much money, I'd really like a game with finished code. Now, if PPS were to remake the game (which I believe will happen), and simultaneously release updated and finished code for the original game, then I would lean back toward the original game with the updated ROM instead of the remake.

These sound like great examples, and I truly hope they end up with in a new loving home that give them lots of attention!

GLWTS,
-Brian

Hunting for: Gilligan's Island, and No Good Gophers
Black-listed: Richard Clarkson "Clark" (Jax),  Paul Levine "Sepins" (Tampa), and Dana Romsey aka Hellcat68 (GA)
http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bstyles

Offline flecom

• flecom.net
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 11:59:32 AM »
Agreed. CV for mid $7k is considerably less than I'd consider selling mine for. 

I don't think CV will ever be negatively affected by rumors of a remake. Too many non-standard things about the title from the head to the DMD in the playfield. Only 2,704 units built. IMO, this title will be harder and harder to find, especially those examples in pristine condition.

CC on the other hand is tougher. As much as a I am a die-hard collector of original examples of the B/W A-list titles, this is one that I am actually waiting for the remake of. If I'm going to spend that much money, I'd really like a game with finished code. Now, if PPS were to remake the game (which I believe will happen), and simultaneously release updated and finished code for the original game, then I would lean back toward the original game with the updated ROM instead of the remake.

These sound like great examples, and I truly hope they end up with in a new loving home that give them lots of attention!

GLWTS,
-Brian

you could always go the CCC route, I played a CCC out in California and it was actually really great, a lot of fun and much much better than I expected
My spoon is too big!

Offline Latinfantom

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Seems like this thread came to a screeching halt for some reason. Bamboo are you still selling CV or not?  ;)
Current collection:
Pins: MMr Royal, AFMR LE,  Avengers IQ Premium. Star Wars Prem, BM66 Premium, Deadpool Premium, Jurassic Park Premium, TMNT Premium, Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot,
Williams Indiana Jones
Vids: Qbert, Timber, Space Harrier, Baby Pacman, Namco 3in1 cabaret, Dk 3in1 cabaret, Dk Jr, DK Pauline, Fix It Felix
Other: Gold Mine Shuffle Alley, Hyperspin Arcade

Offline PinFever

• Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
yes , inquiring minds want to know . Since I did not receive a return PM but know you must be busy .

Offline Doublekick

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:48 PM »
yes he must be busy i pmd him about something else too

Offline bamboo

• Wreck it!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 06:55:29 AM »
Got busy this week at work wasn't able to sit in front of the computer and respond to PMs.

All PMs responded to. 

There was a lot of interest on CV, it's only hold till Sunday. After that it'll be at museum (in the back not playable by public) for anyone who wants to come take a look at it.