Author Topic: FS Bram Stroker's Dracula $2900  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Toasterdog

• Level 6: Knight Industries
FS Bram Stroker's Dracula $2900
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »
Okay folks. I had alot of interest in this and it seems to be a desirable title. I have owned it twice now and have no question it will be missed. $2900. This is a title that has gone up in value quite a bit in the last year. I know Pinside isn't the best barometer for pricing, but it seems that's what people are paying. In fact they imply it's damn near impossible to find one for less than 3k. Part of me says this was a $2200 game last year, another part of me says no way I should sell this for $2900. Its just as much fun IMO as almost any modern stern pro and made as well or better.

I don't necessarily believe that, but it's about supply and demand. I have $2900 into after shipping, LEDs, new rubbers, purple star posts, other small fixes and adds and I did a full topside tear down when I shopped it. It's also a SP playfield. They tend to be more desirable. If you don't know Google "SP LS Playfield BSD Pinball". I have GB paid for and it will be here in a few weeks, so space is more of a factor. I don't like my game room to be overcrowded since it's also used for other things.

Here's the bad. I'm about full disclosure. Cabinet is faded on the right side and front, but the cab itself is in very good condition. It has leg protectors that covers minor wrinkling, I guess. They were on when I bought it. Left ramp is missing left metal ramp edge protector. I have tried to source it, but haven't found one. Ramp works great though and doesn't have damage from it not being there. The right ramp has an occasional rejection with a clean, hard shot. There is a small clear plastic that is supposed to go over the top. It doesn't bother me enough to do something about, but it would be easy enough to make one or buy one. The lightning bolt inserts have minor wear on the bottom (very common on BSD) it also looks like there are a couple minor cracks coming out of the bottom of the inserts on the PF.

I am disclosing things that bother me and keep it from being perfect. With that said, this game looks awesome, plays awesome and presents very well...and I'm super picky!!! Mist works flawlessly.

On to the pictures. These were taken this morning. I didn't dress my game up, but it usually stays pretty clean. I think it will sell on The Village, but I will try Pinside too. If it doesn't sell, I'll be happy. If it sells, I'll be happy. I do have one person that has 1st right (dibs) But I haven't heard from them yet, so not sure if there is interest. This pictures are high res and can be blown up quite a bit with the zoom feature on Photobucket.

Anyway feel free to tell me you'll take it or flame me. I have pretty thick skin. I usually price games for a quick, easy sale. I don't think I'm gouging, but it's not fire sale by any means either. It is what it is though. A $2900 BSD.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Toasterthedog/library/BSD?sort=2&page=1

Now a shameless promotion for my TZ if someone wants to make a ridiculous cash offer.  ;D

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Toasterthedog/library/Twilight%20Zone?sort=2&page=1
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:07:59 PM by Toasterdog »

Offline AshBurton

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: FS Bram Stroker's Dracula $2900
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »
If I didn't just pick up your old TFTC I would snag this.  Wanna trade  :P?

GLWTS

Offline Toasterdog

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:02:55 PM »
That TFTC is super nice. Both great games, especially side by side  8)

BTW The Topper is included on my BSD too. It doesn't light presently, but that should be a pretty easy add-on. It was a very inexpensive string of lights. I actually think it was a close out a Big Lots for awile. I bought it from someone on Ebay. Best pic I have, sorry

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:10:46 PM by Toasterdog »

Offline hoosierthirteen

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Just a guy who loves pinball
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »

Anyway feel free to tell me you'll take it or flame me. I have pretty thick skin. I usually price games for a quick, easy sale. I don't think I'm gouging, but it's not fire sale by any means either. It is what it is though. A $2900 BSD.

That pin is gorgeous. Can't see anybody (credibly) accusing you of gouging, when you're offering a machine that's clearly well above average at the median sales price. Shouldn't last long....GLWTS!
Current Pins : Hobbit LE, Game of Thrones
Past Pins : Star Trek (Premium), Ghostbusters, World Poker Tour, NASCAR, Terminator 3, Phantom of the Opera, Lethal Weapon 3, Hurricane, X Files, Fire! (Champagne Edition), Cyclone, Jokerz!, Riverboat Gambler, Rollergames, Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Bally Game Show, Gold Wings, Black Pyramid, Kings of Steel, Six Million Dollar Man, Big Indian, Jungle Queen, Bronco, Stampede, OXO, Toledo

Offline CASTHOF

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
BSD is a tough one to let go Craig, I hope you joined the billionaire club before you let it go :) Nice looking game.
Pins - High Speed

Past - BSD, The Shadow, HS2, Indiana Jones, Funhouse, ST:TNG

Offline DK

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Account retired
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:53:54 PM »
Insulting PM heading your way  ;D

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 07:29:12 AM »
Drak has a billionaire club too??
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline Toasterdog

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »
BSD is a tough one to let go Craig, I hope you joined the billionaire club before you let it go :) Nice looking game.

It's really tough to let go and that's why it's priced where it is. I am a member of the billionaire club too. Been there a few times between my two BSDs. So awesome when you stack all 3 multi balls.

Offline Flpinball

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
I bought your first one bro! Then sold it to Steve(Ashburton)!! Good luck with the sale on this one Craig!

Offline voxtech

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
Isn't the middle battery in backwards on the CPU board ??
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing !”

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
edit: i thought they were in correctly. but maybe not, think + should be up on all 3, probably no markings on the MPU. I believe the machine would act like batteries are working, though, but at 3 volts?

but even worse, they're durapops.

BSD was the best bang for the buck game for the longest time. it's finally caught up with true value, no matter how much that sucks. at least it's not overvalued like some A list borefests. :)

very nice looking example presented here. I wonder where mine ended up after ibis?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:45:30 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline DK

• Account retired
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »
edit: i thought they were in correctly. but maybe not, think + should be up on all 3, probably no markings on the MPU. I believe the machine would act like batteries are working, though, but at 3 volts?

BSD was the best bang for the buck game for the longest time. it's finally caught up with true value, no matter how much that sucks. at least it's not overvalued like some A list borefests. :)

very nice looking example presented here. I wonder where mine ended up after ibis?
I know where it is. PM sent

Offline CASTHOF

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 08:01:15 PM »

I had it for a while and then sold it to RD. Loved that game.
Pins - High Speed

Past - BSD, The Shadow, HS2, Indiana Jones, Funhouse, ST:TNG