Author Topic: Father Knows Pinball Tourney Saturday, June 18, 2016  (Read 3277 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Father Knows Pinball Tourney Saturday, June 18, 2016
« on: May 11, 2016, 12:19:48 AM »

Saturday, June 18th 2016. (Pre-Father's Day)

THIS IS NOT A FLiPS EVENT!

This will be for IFPA/WPPR points! Check out IFPA website for other details.

Format:

3 strikes, Best-of-1 Matches (4 player matches – 3rd/4th place get strikes). Groupings, play order, and games will be randomly generated.

In the event that a grouping of 2 or 3 players occurs, 1 strike will be awarded only to the last player.

Play continues each round until one player remains.

Entry fees:

$5.00  per player payable at door for registered tournament players.  All funds will go toward prize pool. Prize fund paid out to 1-4 places: 50%, 25%, 15%, 10% of pool respectively based on paid entries. Ties settled as necessary to resolve top 4 players.

Player Registration:

20 players max.  Players must register via email or PM via the website by June 11th, 2016 to reserve a spot.

Date/Time:

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Doors open at 11:30 am, tourney starts promptly at noon.

Contact: Jeff Palmer (pinballcorpse) via this site to register and get directions to the event.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline pinballcorpse

Re: Father Knows Pinball Tourney Saturday, June 18, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
50% filled as of 9am.

10 spots remain.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
I wonder if this is open to "non-fathers"?

I just sent a PM, but sometimes the board eats them.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:21:19 AM »
Yes, open to moms and kids too :)

20 player max.  7 spots left.

I responded to your email.  But in any case, you are confirmed. Details will follow. 

No pets will be playing though.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
6 spots left

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
5 spots

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »
4 spots left

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:47:12 PM »
2 spots

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
Last spot remains and then the waiting list starts.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »
Event is SOLD OUT.

If you want to be placed on standby, please provide your name and contact info.  Your name will be placed on a waiting list and you will be contacted in the event someone drops out. 

Thanks to all who registered.

Jeff Palmer

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 01:46:22 PM »
Had one player drop out.  One spot is now available.  PM me if interested.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »
I wonder if this is open to "non-fathers"?

I just sent a PM, but sometimes the board eats them.

NormaJ, please send me an email address for you.  Thanks.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 03:55:15 PM »
Here are some expanded rules regarding the upcoming Father Knows Pinball Tourney on June 18, 2016.

Style of Tournament:  This is an IFPA sanctioned 3 strike event with best of 1 matches with 20 players maximum.  Each player will play a Round in groups of 4 where possible or in groups of 3 if there are not sufficient players to create 4 player groups. 3rd and 4th place will receive strikes. With 2 or 3 players, only last place receives a strike. Process continues each Round until one player remains.
The groupings, player order and machine selection will be chosen by a computer program Matchplay Events.  The program makes every effort to group and order players randomly and vary which players are assigned to the available machines.  It is not perfect and some players may be grouped with previous opponents multiple times or have to play repeat machines.  Please do not ask for a regrouping.

Start time:  Players should arrive by 11:30 am.  Round 1 will begin at noon.  Registered Players will receive an email with the address.
NOTE: Players will not be added to the tourney after the start of Round 1.  If a Registered Player is running late for the start of Round 1 for whatever reason, let the TD know in advance via phone call or text and the player will be grouped in Round 1 as if the player were present, but that player will receive a score of zero for that Round and a strike.  If a player misses the first 3 Rounds, the player will be treated as not attending and their results will not be submitted to IFPA for WPPR points.   

Round Times/Attendance.  After Round 1 which begins at noon, there are no set Round times, but it is important to make sure the Rounds move quickly.  Once all groups are done in a Round, the results will be entered and the program will generate the next Round which will begin promptly.   After a group finishes playing a Round, players should not start playing casual games on the side or leave the site. If a player is still involved in the tourney, but is absent at the start of the next Round, that player will be grouped as if present, but will receive a zero and strike for that game.   

Registration/Entry Fees:  Preregistration is required.  20 players maximum.  The cost is $5.00 for each Registered Player payable at the door.  All funds will go toward the prize pool.  The prize pool is 50%, 25%, 15%, 10% to players 1-4 respectively based on paid entries. Ties will be settled as necessary to settle top 4 places.   

Common Pinball Tourney Rules: The general common rules found on PAPA.org will be in effect.

Malfunctions: If a machine suffers a major malfunction at any time, that game will be replaced with another game and a new 4-player match started for the affected players.  Since each Round is independent, no changes will be made to results from earlier Rounds nor will any games be replayed.   

Extra Balls: Extra balls will be turned off or disabled where possible.  Plunge extra balls otherwise.

Playing out of turn:  PAPA rules will be in effect regarding playing out of turn in a multiplayer match. A player will receive a zero score and a strike.  However, common sense should be used. If there is an incident in a match, and there is 100% agreement among the players in that match that there was no infraction, continue play as normal. If the players internally resolve the issue, once play continues, the incident will not be revisited by the TD.  If there are any questions, stop play and have the TD resolve the matter. 

Game Setup:  Most games will be set up on factory settings with signs posted pointing out significant changes.  For example, virtual locks may be employed over the factory physical lock, or a game feature may be disabled to ensure more reliability.       

Guests:  Sorry, but guests are not allowed.  Space is very limited. Please do not arrive with anyone who is not a Registered Player.

Miscellaneous: Light snacks and drinks will be available.  Feel free to bring a bagged lunch if desired.  Smoking permitted outside only.

Player Conduct:  This is a private residence, please treat fellow competitors, games and the hosts’ home with respect.  The hosts reserve the right to request any person to leave who engages in inappropriate or illegal behavior.

Contact/Comments/Questions: Please contact Jeff Palmer via this email  pinballcorpse at yahoo dot com (fix as required)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:28:15 PM by pinballcorpse »

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 08:09:01 PM »
Sounds like a fun tournament, looking forward to reading about this event. THank's for posting.

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
I tried to send my e-mail address. Not sure if it got through.