Author Topic: Miami Vice Car  (Read 3294 times)

Offline toddk

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Miami Vice Car
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »
thought Id post and tell you that after its restoration, I finally finished my Miami Vice Daytona Ferrari. It was the third car used in the show before they changed to the WHite Testarossa.  I have Crocketts original badge and ID and it even has the 1985 car phone. When I got the car it was in storage since 1986 and the interior and convertible top were shot and the paint had seen better days, all interior was redone with new top and new Ferrari Nero paint.  Fun to drive.
Arcade: cabaret's: Centipede , Qix, Tempest, Moon Patrol, Jungle King, Blue Print       Uprights: Paperboy, Discs of Tron, tron, punchout,, pacman , Mspac, Tapper, Mad Planets, marble Madness, Roadrunner, Indy temple of Doom, Turbo Cockpit, Demolition Derby, Hogans Alley,DK/Dkjr/Mario,  black widow, qbert, Berzerk, roc n Rope, Cloak and Dagger (Prototype) Major Havoc,  Irish Dig Dug, Swimmer, Missile Command, Alpine Ski, Duramold Sinistar, Reactor,  Track and Field, Mikie, Gyruss, Looping, Wild Western, Galaga, Rally- X, tazzmania cocktail, Food Fight Cocktail Pinball: Apollo 13, Secret Servic

Offline toddk

Re: Miami Vice Car
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
here are some pics
Arcade: cabaret's: Centipede , Qix, Tempest, Moon Patrol, Jungle King, Blue Print       Uprights: Paperboy, Discs of Tron, tron, punchout,, pacman , Mspac, Tapper, Mad Planets, marble Madness, Roadrunner, Indy temple of Doom, Turbo Cockpit, Demolition Derby, Hogans Alley,DK/Dkjr/Mario,  black widow, qbert, Berzerk, roc n Rope, Cloak and Dagger (Prototype) Major Havoc,  Irish Dig Dug, Swimmer, Missile Command, Alpine Ski, Duramold Sinistar, Reactor,  Track and Field, Mikie, Gyruss, Looping, Wild Western, Galaga, Rally- X, tazzmania cocktail, Food Fight Cocktail Pinball: Apollo 13, Secret Servic

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Wow, very cool... I was a fan of the show when I was a kid, so great to see the Daytona returned to it's former glory! 

- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »
very cool, although when I see the pictures, I think of Outrun 2  :roll: :roll:

this would look neat parked next to a Miami Vice pin ;)
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline k7

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
you have to see some of todd k's cars...it's ridiculous!

i want this one:

http://toddsclassiccars.com/death_sentence.php
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline VanManDan

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »
if I had my choice......
Current Line up:
AC/DC Pro, Metallica Pro-LED, Flicker EM
Big Brave, Fonzi-Eightball
Ironman

Dan'o

Offline bit_slicer

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
Very nice!  Did you ever finish the XB GT?

Offline toddk

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
Yes xb get all done. Fun to drive. Came out great!

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »
Drive or ride, they all look great! 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
I had the good fortune of checking this car out yesterday in person and MAN is it ever cool.

The circa 1987 car phone is a nice touch, for sure!

My favorite, though, was the white challenger from Vanishing Point ... OMG! 

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »
This was my sled in the mid 70's.......I dropped a 427 in this bad boy! It could out run the Bat mobile....... ;)
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline wolowizard

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
This was my sled in the mid 70's.......I dropped a 427 in this bad boy! It could out run the Bat mobile....... ;)
    check you out.....how cool  !!!   8)
current pins:   Rush prem, TMNT prem , BKSOR prem, JP prem, AV infinity quest prem, IMDN prem, DP prem, Mando Pro, GZ prem...and a Stargate Arcade and a handful of Arcade 1 ups

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 07:28:35 PM »
Todd,
 is that a C3?
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline Naf

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »
WOW! VERY NICE! DROOOL!

The Cannonball Run LP 4000s Lamborghini Countach was being restored for Tropicana owner in Bonita Springs, Fl a couple years back. Had the opportunity to have a seat in her. Between the Miami Vice Daytona and the Cannonball Bull I would have to say those two would be my #1 #2 favorite celebrity in movie/show history!

CONDORMAN RIDE FTW!

Offline mikeatsparkys

• Level 5: Power User!
    • Goonies Pinball Project
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »
very cool, although when I see the pictures, I think of Outrun 2  :roll: :roll:

this would look neat parked next to a Miami Vice pin ;)

YES IT WOULD!  Let's make that happen Todd!
- Mike J.