Author Topic: Black Light Carpeting  (Read 806 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Black Light Carpeting
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Looks like i'll finally have an in-house game room (yaaay, AC!).

I've always wanted to do some black light carpeting. Has anyone done this or have recommendations?

Offline FUNWIZ

Re: Black Light Carpeting
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »
You can buy party carpet that's black light ready, Malibu and Castle use this, and some theatres in the game area. Or, go to a large carpet store, take a black light, and see which looks best under the light. I use a gold carpet that kinda glows when it's on, and I use posters, shirts to enhance and puzzles. You can buy spray paint and glow paint to personal touch it. There are also glo in the dark plastic kits, planets, stars, things like that. Here are some things I use in my rooms...and a close up of the carpet.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
Here are the puzzles kids can have fun with putting them together, take black cardboard, flip and glue, mount on wall.  Posters come in all sizes as well.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »
Yeah, I got some black light game room carpet from K7 a while back, best thing he's ever done!  :P :P :P :D  More recently, I hung up blue led string lights I got from WalMart, and damn if it doesn't light up the ENTIRE arcade with a blacklight effect, without having to worry about the heat, cost, and small area that even one black light would offer, so likely would need multiples to cover an entire room properly.  I think the string lights were like $6 for 30 feet, and you can add onto them.  The blue led's make EVERYTHING glow in the dark somehow, from my shoes to shirts to track balls on the vids to any flourescent paint and designs on TFTC to the arcade carpet...it was definitely a nice surprise to stumble upon... and Batman BLUE also! :)

Offline k7

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
i'm awesom-o!

khabbi's done the blacklight carpet, looks good. you can also get samples from 1 arcade carpet supplier, i forget the name, but it's how i ended up with 5 pieces in my gameroom :o. i ended up staying away from it, because i rearrange my gameroom often enough, and don't want the square arcade footprint to stay once i move a machine to another spot.

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »
That's why I don't paint things on my wall, its removable. I didn't mention pinballs. Lol.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
Here's something for Batman...enjoy

Offline Old Pin Guy

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
There is usually several companies at IAPPA....

Offline Ron Donohue

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • My Gameroom
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
I used http://www.astrocarpetmills.com/  and have been very happy with the carpet.  They will also send free samples of a few patterns for you to check out.  I got a few that my wife and I liked and let some guests at a party vote to decide the final colors.  Still going strong seven years later.

Offline Neilhdz

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »
In this picture there are 2 different carpets.
I spoke to the owner and he said he got it from a company in Georgia. But he doesnt remember the name of the company. The planets on the left & Space invaders on the right. Nice set up.

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 07:40:21 AM »
I used http://www.astrocarpetmills.com/  and have been very happy with the carpet.  They will also send free samples of a few patterns for you to check out.  I got a few that my wife and I liked and let some guests at a party vote to decide the final colors.  Still going strong seven years later.

ron's setup looks great! astro carpet mills is located in georgia, possibly Neilhdz source. that's where i grabbed my samples from. :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.