Author Topic: Awesome Haul at Radio Shack! Check your local stores ASAP!  (Read 6304 times)

Offline thepita007

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • DamnGamer
Awesome Haul at Radio Shack! Check your local stores ASAP!
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »
So if you haven't heard Radio Shack declared bankruptcy.

So they are closing down their stores and having closeout deals!

They are selling everything including the furniture (the parts drawers were 175.00 a piece not including contents)

I raided the parts trays which are currently 80% off!

I spent 50.00 and purchased well over 200 items.

a pack of 4 fuses was running anywhere from .30 to .65 cents.

the picture shows a small portion of my haul.

The final open day for the stores near me is next Wednesday.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:33:01 PM by thepita007 »
WTB GRAIL GAME: Bally Space Flight (em arcade game)
Pins: Space Shuttle(WIP), Super Mario Bros.,A13
Vids: MAME (vertical), MAME (horizontal), Hydro Thunder, Police Trainer
EMs: Midway Haunted House Rifle, Midway Captain Kid Rifle, Williams Ambush Gun
Jukebox: Rowe CD51 (Touchscreen using XBMC)

Offline Shimoda

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: Awesome Haul at Radio Shack! Check your local stores ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »
I was hoping for this kind of luck but my closest store was only 10-30%.  Would've still bought a couple things but they were out - fiberglass pen, solder, few other items.  Someone already got the stuff I would have wanted. 
WOZ, Paragon, Tommy, Flash Gordon, Big Ben (WMS), FACES, Joker Poker(stein)

Arcade: Pac-Gal cocktail

Past: BC, Sinbad, TSPP, WH2O, Farfalla, Amazing Spider-Man, Diner, Funhouse, Space Invaders, F-14, Rollergames, BoP, Incredible Hulk,  Centaur, Top Score, ES, BK2K, Meteor, EBD-LE, Genie, Flash Gordon, Diner, Mata Hari, Doctor Who, Soccer, The Wiggler, Nine Ball

Offline thepita007

• DamnGamer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »
I was hoping for this kind of luck but my closest store was only 10-30%.  Would've still bought a couple things but they were out - fiberglass pen, solder, few other items.  Someone already got the stuff I would have wanted.

every few days the discount percentage increases, when did you go to your store?

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
I'm going to buy the store's sign and a bag of employee tears.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu

Offline thepita007

• DamnGamer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
I'm going to buy the store's sign and a bag of employee tears.

store signs are indeed for sale

Offline EVAWINGZERO

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Stay Cool, Daddy-O!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »
Hopefully some of those small parts cabinets go up for sale! Would love to snag one!
Vids: Egret 2, Initial D V.3, TMNT, Konami Windy City, Atomiswave SD, Sega / Atlus Print Club 2, Naomi Universal Upright, Sega Dino King, Blast City,Irem Madonna, Red Tent, UMK3, Neo Geo MVS, MBWB, DK, DKJR, Custom RecRoom Cab

Pins: CFTBL - TSPP - FH -SP - SMB - NOES - Stern Dracula - Taxi

Evangelion: 2nd Impact Pachinko 67/100

Offline adams_arcade

• Adam's Arcade Florida
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »
Hopefully some of those small parts cabinets go up for sale! Would love to snag one!

Each section I was quite $150 bucks. Three to a column....no thanks!
Stop by my website:
http://www.adamsarcadeflorida.com

Wanted to Buy:
Priced fairly - warlords cocktail, Eyes or Rockola cab, Quantum cab or Space Dual cab

For Sale - Coming soon Ms pac, DK - will be available for sale/delivery to FPF 2017.

Offline EVAWINGZERO

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Stay Cool, Daddy-O!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 11:16:21 PM »
Yeah, that's a bit too much.
Vids: Egret 2, Initial D V.3, TMNT, Konami Windy City, Atomiswave SD, Sega / Atlus Print Club 2, Naomi Universal Upright, Sega Dino King, Blast City,Irem Madonna, Red Tent, UMK3, Neo Geo MVS, MBWB, DK, DKJR, Custom RecRoom Cab

Pins: CFTBL - TSPP - FH -SP - SMB - NOES - Stern Dracula - Taxi

Evangelion: 2nd Impact Pachinko 67/100

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »
Already grabbed the electronic stuff, lol, but they didn't mark it down much.  I'll go back to another store next week, see if there's any deals left. Keep posting!  Heres the ones that are closing...

http://radioshackcorporation.com/pdfs/RS-Store-Closure-List_020415.pdf
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:50:40 PM by FUNWIZ »
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline RussG

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:05 AM »
Instead of being excited about pilfering the remains of a corpse is anyone even remotely sad about this?
I am surprised Radio Shacks survived this long and they WERE a dinosaur but they also represent a part of all our pasts and we grew up knowing this store was there if we needed something for electronics in a pinch. When they're gone, that's it.
No running down to your store to pick things there we once took for granted that we needed quickly.
I remember their Christmas commercials at one time fondly. I guess I'm just too nostalgic.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:14:37 AM »
Yes, it's very sad to see Radio Shack struggling to stay alive, but they went from electronics and wire to toys and telephones!  Not all stores are closing, mine are staying open, getting the inventory of the others, and I'm still helping them by shopping there even if there are no mark downs!  You probably don't remember Lafayette Radio Electonics, where the best parts at that time could be found.  Very sad to see no more electronic stores, but it was mail order way then, and thanks to the Internet, it still is.  Something I hope will come along to fill the void, in the meantime, start stocking up on what you think you'll ever need, or buy something even if you dont, and you might keep a local store alive another year...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_Radio_Electronics
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline pindan3

• And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
I heard K-Mart and Sears are next! the Kenmore and Craftsman line is already going to Ace Hardware.
MB=Monster Bash**TAF=Addams Family*CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*PSTE=Popeye*FH=Funhouse*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Flinstones*Shrek**SP=South Park* JD=Judge Dredd* SS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula .HS2= High Speed II & Rock-in-BowlaRama.Strikes n Spares .(Gotllieb) TSPP ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), Past Pins,CP,FT,RS,Big Hit,Rocky& Bullwinkle.RBION, Dr Dude, PZ. JY WH20   Wish List  CCC

Dan

Offline thepita007

• DamnGamer
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
Instead of being excited about pilfering the remains of a corpse is anyone even remotely sad about this?
I am surprised Radio Shacks survived this long and they WERE a dinosaur but they also represent a part of all our pasts and we grew up knowing this store was there if we needed something for electronics in a pinch. When they're gone, that's it.
No running down to your store to pick things there we once took for granted that we needed quickly.
I remember their Christmas commercials at one time fondly. I guess I'm just too nostalgic.

Radio Shack died to me in the late 90's when they stopped carrying stuff which was useful or interesting.

For the past decade they have been little more than one of the 100 other cellphone and cellphone accessories kiosks you see littering a mall.

There is still sky craft although its a drive.

Offline Shimoda

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
every few days the discount percentage increases, when did you go to your store?

Wednesday.  I'll possibly go back this weekend.  We have four stores in a ten square mile area, but none are convenient strangely enough.  In reality the biggest thing I was going for was a roll of solder and maybe a bottle of pcb etchant.  I might just go by this afternoon and grab the rest of copperclad boards they had.  Whoever grabbed ALL the solder left that stuff.  I am saddened by this but not really much.  Frankly it hasn't been what it was for over a decade, maybe almost two decades.  Prices on components, despite some small convenience, were prohibitive for building projects within reason.  Radio Shack left a better course a long time ago.  Shame really, the current DIY trend (going for a while) could have done something to help, but the RS business model has been seriously flawed since the 90's.
WOZ, Paragon, Tommy, Flash Gordon, Big Ben (WMS), FACES, Joker Poker(stein)

Arcade: Pac-Gal cocktail

Past: BC, Sinbad, TSPP, WH2O, Farfalla, Amazing Spider-Man, Diner, Funhouse, Space Invaders, F-14, Rollergames, BoP, Incredible Hulk,  Centaur, Top Score, ES, BK2K, Meteor, EBD-LE, Genie, Flash Gordon, Diner, Mata Hari, Doctor Who, Soccer, The Wiggler, Nine Ball

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
...Radio Shack left a better course a long time ago.  Shame really, the current DIY trend (going for a while) could have done something to help, but the RS business model has been seriously flawed since the 90's.

+1000 to this. blame management, someone high-up wanted to be a cell phone whore, and they are now belly up.

I have a circuit city store sign in my room, because management did something wrong. i'll put my radio shack store sign right next to it. :)

I went to radio shack every Saturday as a kid up until my 20s. they should have renamed the store "We Don't Know What We Are", in the mid 90s, because they lost track, and just opened up more locations with nothing worthwhile in stock. I watched my company implode from 1 idiot in management...took him 3 years to bankrupt us. it just took the shack a few more years. :P
WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu