Author Topic: Browns- what are they doing NOW?  (Read 17347 times)

Offline beepnutz

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Browns- what are they doing NOW?
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:57 AM »
Browns are dumping Johnny Football............Yeah! about time......now he can go to another team and take them to 4 or 5 superbowls. :roll:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631414/article/does-johnny-manziel-have-an-nfl-future

How about naming the players/coaches that went on to greatness after leaving the Browns:
one biggie would Bill Belicheat, and Hoyer had a decent year.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:13:03 AM by beepnutz »

Offline TheBatman

• Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
Well, " going on to greatness" is definitely Belichik. Hoyer isn't in that category,  and the only other Qbs that got to a super bowl as backups are Bernie and now Derrek Anderson, go figure.

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 12:11:04 AM »

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Here's a Manziel update from the last week. ..wow.

WOW would be a appropriate word to describe his recent behaviour as well :o.  The buffoon has partied his way right out of the NFL this month and will probably end up in jail in the coming weeks at this rate.  I don't fault the Browns for picking him a couple years ago, but at least they finally cut him before all the recent shenanigans.  What a waste of talent...

On a positive note though you guys should be hopeful that this draft is going to work in your favor as Cleveland got a truckload of picks just to move six spots down in the first round.  All the talking heads on espn/etc. were joking saying "This move make sense, which is surprising for Cleveland" and so on ;D.   With Cleveland's luck though it wouldn't surprise me if the QB taken at #2 winds up being the best player in the draft down the line as that just seems to be the way things roll in Tampa North ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

Offline Steve O

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree the Brownies made a good move trading down in the draft.  I don't know who those two qb's are that the Eagles and Rams traded up for.  All I can think of is Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf.

Offline Baiter

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 12:57:21 AM »
USA Today's draft grade commentary is humorous...

Cleveland Browns
Grade: B

Analysis: Two years ago, the Browns were hammered for not taking a single receiver despite a glaring need there. So to be fair, we should probably praise Cleveland for taking five over the weekend (though the team lists Princeton's Seth Devalve as a tight end). Now the question is if Cleveland opted for quantity over quality, and how many of those draftees will even make the 53-man roster. The Browns also gambled on USC QB Cody Kessler in the third round, but Hue Jackson’s track record with passers should give the organization the initial benefit of the doubt on the selection.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2016, 09:59:22 AM »
Meh, the Browns theoretically did a good job in the draft in every opinion I've heard or read.  Basically they didn't give away the farm to move up and take a QB that would have simply been another casualty like they normally do and they acquired extra picks to bring in more players.  Considering that the draft has largely turned out to be about numbers (more picks = greater chance of a keeper) what they did made sense.  Of course, it's Cleveland though so odds are they'll cut or trade every single person they drafted by week one :P ;).

It's kinda strange to admit this, but from following Batman's Browns rants over the years here I've become a Browns fan :o ;D.  I guess rooting for Tampa isn't punishment enough for me 8)...

Go Bucs, Jags, and Browns (in that order ;D)!!! 

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:18 AM »
Oh no. ..don't go blaming that on me!  I don't want to be responsible for anyone else's misery,  don't want to wish that on anyone. ..but thanks for the support (or sympathy).

Online HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/two-nfl-teams-aren-t-favored-once-this-season-by-las-vegas-203203127.html

"Las Vegas doesn't think too much of the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers this season.

According to an ESPN.com, which generated odds for every NFL game via CG Technology in Weeks 1 through 16 this season, the Browns and 49ers are not favored right now in any of them.

Not one."

Sounds about right.   

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
Go Brownies..... :P
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 12:55:04 PM »
Looks like a new 30 or 30 documentary on Cleveland either just aired, or is about to.  Here's the trailer:

30 for 30: Believeland - This Is Cleveland - ESPN Video

Offline JimB

• Level 6: Knight Industries
PINS - TSPP, STTNG, POTC, Munsters, 24, STLE, bm66, Aerosmith

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2016, 01:10:29 AM »
Looks like a new 30 or 30 documentary on Cleveland either just aired, or is about to.  Here's the trailer:

30 for 30: Believeland - This Is Cleveland - ESPN Video

Crowell looks like just another stupid kid that post before he thinks.  Regarding the 30 for 30 "Believeland", they released a few months ago, a documentary showing the hopelessness of Cleveland sports teams over the last 50 years, and left it with the Cavs still flailing. Then two months later they win the championship, so they just recut it with the new ending on it showing them winning the championship and the celebrations. Still a little hard to believe, and still wish it were the Browns, but we gotta start somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:12:33 AM by TheBatman »

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
I was streaming the Red Zone channel yesterday (first time I'd ever watched it) and saw score after score during the first quarter and almost sent you a text Bats, but I didn't want to jinx you.  Guess I should have texted afterall  ;) :roll: :(

Man, between a terrible call and McCown getting hurt I think it's clear God hates the Browns :-X.

And on an unrelated note I found that after watching an hour and half of redzone I was done with football for the day.  Seeing a highlight every 20 seconds kinda makes you go numb  :o

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:00 PM »
Omg!!! It's a good thing I have to go to work, can't stand watching this mess already..a sack/ fumble, a few more that should have been intercepted, two quarterbacks alternating in and out one of them being Terrelle Pryor, then a missed field goal by their new kicker they just signed Friday... wonderful. And we're only halfway through the first quarter!