Author Topic: April 11th pops event at Al's in Deland & Year 2 Championship!  (Read 4491 times)

Offline deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Ok so it's time to kick off the pops season. Julia and I will be hosting the April event. This will be a dual tournament event. The first tournament is the Pops tournament of champions invitational event. All previous pops events winners from the prior year are invited to duke it out for the title tops of pops. This tournament will start at 1 pm.  The second tournament is our usual open tournament event that all welcome to participate in. The open tournament should begin at 6 pm.  The lineup is nearly 100% working!  It's probably the first time all 21 will be working at one time.  This afternoon I just got all of my EMs working (now 4) along with my problem child Shadow. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys both pops members and surrounding area pinheads. The game room will be open at 12:00 pm and as usual will go on into the wee hours.  Kids are welcome if well behaved. Food and drink will be provided but please help out by bringing your favorite finger food and adult beverage. It is always a great time and we look forward to seeing all of you at our pinballgaragemahall. Please remember to park at the credit union or school board nearby. If you need directions please pm me and I will leave breadcrumbs for you.
See you guys next month!!!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:18:13 AM by rockmang15 »
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: April 11th pops event at Al's in Deland
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 01:36:21 AM »
Sounds great. Already got it on my calendar.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline rockmang15

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »
Thanks again for Hosting Al!

Again to all the winners of this past season, You're invited to the Season Ender Tournament to take place earlier that day at 1pm, Spectators welcome!
Jason Nail
Al Neumann
Spencer (miracleman)
Dan Coyle
Kurt Van Zyl

There will also be the normal monthly tournament as usual to Kickoff Season 3 which is for IFPA Points!

The Cup will also be out front and we will be taking donations for Season 3 of POPS!  All the Donations help us to buy trophies and as you saw last year, we added medals for 2nd and 3rd places also.  Donations are not required to attend, but we definitely appreciate them to help cover the costs of all the awards all year long!

Buck
Vids: TMNT, Ms. Pac Man (Cocktail), MKII,  Playchoice 10, Virtual-On, DDR Extreme, 6 Player X-MEN
Pins:GOTG Pro, LOTR, Who Dunnit
Pachinkos: Eva 6

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
Re: April 11th pops event at Al's in Deland & Year 2 Championship!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
On my calendar too!!!

MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
Thanks again for Hosting Al!

Again to all the winners of this past season, You're invited to the Season Ender Tournament to take place earlier that day at 1pm, Spectators welcome!
Jason Nail
Al Neumann
Spencer (miracleman)
Dan Coyle
Kurt Van Zyl

There will also be the normal monthly tournament as usual to Kickoff Season 3 which is for IFPA Points!

The Cup will also be out front and we will be taking donations for Season 3 of POPS!  All the Donations help us to buy trophies and as you saw last year, we added medals for 2nd and 3rd places also.  Donations are not required to attend, but we definitely appreciate them to help cover the costs of all the awards all year long!

Buck

Make sure the event is on the IFPA calendar 30 days ahead of time and that it explains details of qualifying and finals. Today is already the 9th, so get it in there.

IFPA is becoming much more strict in what they want for a tournament submission.  It is also important for players determining if they want to compete for the points offered at the tourney.
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline deadlander

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline rockmang15

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:58:43 AM »
Already submitted :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vids: TMNT, Ms. Pac Man (Cocktail), MKII,  Playchoice 10, Virtual-On, DDR Extreme, 6 Player X-MEN

Offline getyourselfahotdog

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
Thanks for the invite Al, looking forward to it! Dan Coyle

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Al

You are welcome.
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:40:24 AM »
Already submitted :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great!  Should hopefully show up on their site soon. 

Offline Hoppy

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
its on the calendar!

Offline deadlander

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »
Can you link it I can't find it..... :-\
Al

Offline busa32927

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
oh this sounds fun.  is there a list games  ;D
vids:  MK 2,3&4, KI 1&2, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, NBA Jams, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab and Crystal Castles

pins: Metallica, TWD, Stern ST Prem, MMr, GB, AC/DC prem., WOZ, SW Prem, GotG

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT

Offline rockmang15

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »
Can you link it I can't find it..... :-\
Al

Josh Sharpe just emailed me, they had some database issues and I just resent to him, should be up soon!

Buck

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 08:56:37 PM »
What is the tourney format?