Author Topic: Big Thanks from SFGE for the Florida Support!  (Read 1480 times)

Offline joelreeves

• Level 3: Hologram
Big Thanks from SFGE for the Florida Support!
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
Huge thanks to the community for coming out and really showing SFGE some love again this year.
The show doesn't happen without games, so I really have to express our gratitude for hauling your games out and
sharing them with the folks!   We had some awesome support from the all over Florida and Jacksonville Expo guys.  Steve & Co. brought up Toobin', Road Runner, Joust 2, Tutankham, and many more fun rare games.

We've calculated the number of pins at 130 and vids at 85.  That includes Marco's booth and the 15 tournament games.
Last year, I think we had 105 pins ( including Marco & the tourney ) and 65 vids.  I made an effort to try and get the number closer to balanced this year, but to be honest, I'm really glad we had a lot of pins at the show.

Bryan and Amanda and their team did an Amazing job with Pinvasion II this year.  Under less than perfect conditions, they stepped up and showed how to run a World-Class Pinball Competition -- easily on par with or superior to most events I can think of.  Lets vote for Pinvasion to stay a part of the PAPA circuit for next year!

The volunteer staff was excellent again this time around.  Many returned for duty even after fulfilling the hours that they signed up for.  The load out crew especially kicked butt, and saved Team SFGE from complete exhaustion by helping us load out our games and many others.

Lastly, I have to definitely commend the Game Techs who kept the game room humming.  They really showed their skill this year and were incredibly generous with their time.  Their efforts really paid off as most of you can attest to. There were Very few games down and those that went down were back up and running quickly.  My hat is off to Paul, Big Bob, Bob K., Dan, Mark, Tim, Charlie, Jon, Mica, Joe, Matthew, Steve, Rick, Robby and Ernie.  Seriously, THANK YOU guys!

Here are some pics I took as things were winding down on Sunday afternoon.  Hope to see everybody next year!    :D

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: Big Thanks from SFGE for the Florida Support!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »
Thank you, Joel for allowing us to be a small part of a great show. I had a blast and cannot wait for next year.

You guys knocked it out of the park.

Steve
MM

P.S. It was great to meet you in person, finally. And please tell your wife how much I appreciated all of her help and patience all weekend. She did a great job manning a very challenging post!
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline HighProtein

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:00:48 PM »
My favorite photo of the show...

It was rad to play Whoa Nellie with the designers,
what a game!
what a time!
5star:SMB/Rastan
Bmac:CruisinW
DicksOp:PacCocktail,MVC,AREA51,CENTIPEDE,BAGS&TROG
DicksNocatee:TMNT
DicksYulee:NoFear,Contra&MK2
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB
VGR:Area51,CrazyTaxi,H.O.D.SFA3,SF2&WildRiders /
Walrus:PAC,SMB&TT

Offline MIKE96

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:04:17 AM »
Great show Joel, I had a blast the whole weekend and first time in the ATL it's definitely a show worth attending.
WTB: Anteater,Time Pilot, Wacko, Flicky (uprights)
Astroblasters,Wizard or Wor, Crazy Climber (cabarets)

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 07:53:38 AM »
I wish i could of made the trip, it just wasn't in the cards.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »
This is in no way a criticism of the show, but Whoa Nellie was a huge disappointment.

Freaking snooze fest ... and I like playing EM's! I have several of them.

That said, the fact that SFGE was able to get it to the show for me to play it and make this insightful determination was AWESOME.

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline k7

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
My favorite photo of the show...

It was rad to play Whoa Nellie with the designers,
what a game!
what a time!

along with steve's observation, be honest with us: is that game worth 1/7 of the MSRP?

I hate knocking a game without playing it (happy to knock them after I've played them), but $6995 for the build sheet just seems psychotic. 10 years from now, it should work for investors, as I think they'll only move 10 to 20 of them. :o

I also love EMs, but at a median price of 500 bucks, what does this concept offer (other than boobs, which I am obviously 110% for)?
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
along with steve's observation, be honest with us: is that game worth 1/7 of the MSRP?

I hate knocking a game without playing it (happy to knock them after I've played them), but $6995 for the build sheet just seems psychotic. 10 years from now, it should work for investors, as I think they'll only move 10 to 20 of them. :o

I also love EMs, but at a median price of 500 bucks, what does this concept offer (other than boobs, which I am obviously 110% for)?

Whoa Nellie as an EM with added modern electronics/music/etc... is damn good for what it is.
I played it more than any other game at the show.
If you're absolutely not into small flipper games and like certain EM game styles like Gottlieb, etc... then that's a different flavor choice.
Whoa Nellie is fun, it's EM in action, it can be fast and it's hard as hell to roll over (I got like 2500 points max).
The music is awesome, call outs are great and it's a solid built game.
Everything is worth what they go for market price wise,
I can't put a price on it but would like one someday (I'm sure it'd earn as well).
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »
be honest with us: is that game worth 1/7 of the MSRP?

10 years from now, it should work for investors, as I think they'll only move 10 to 20 of them. :o

-Yes, far more!

-They've sold 150+ so far (from what I've heard)

-Great music, head phone out/speaker out, it's new instead of 30+ years old, well built, one of a kind cabinet build, just plain fun and good replay.