Author Topic: Goodbye Florida  (Read 9136 times)

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
Goodbye Florida
« on: July 28, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »
Well its getting close, we leave the good old USA on August 11th, its been an amazing time, just over a decade of fun, and the amount of great friends made along the way, especially in this hobby will last a lifetime, had a blast collecting, being part of a scene that was merely a few people from the start to what it is now, the community has grown, the number of collectors has just exploded, the shows have gone from strength to strength, been very honored to be part of Gamewarp, and Free Play, both shows were amazing, and along with the other shows in Florida, show that his hobby is only getting bigger and expanding further than just arcade and pinball. 

Big thanks to Jack, for all those years ago to dragging me into this damn hobby, and started with some POS MAME box :P and a cabinet, and before you know it, 300 + machines later, they are all gone, pleased to say the cool ones live on and will continue to go to shows, and people can enjoy them, of course thanks to everyone I have met, interacted with, helped over the years, the Free Play team, Gamewarp team, all like a big family, and so much more than just collectors, and that is what makes it special, that and a great community and who knows when we will be back, till then happy gaming :D

FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline Robertm

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Goodbye Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
Good luck to you and your family. It's been a pleasure to know you and call you a friend. Take care and hopefully we will all see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pins: Twilight Zone , TWD,  Addams Family, , Got , Woz
Vids: Skeeball ,412-1, Valley Dart, Asteroids, ICB ,  CS/Paperboy, multi williams , MAME, Neo Geo, Playchoice, Gt 2009 w/SSb, Crazy Taxi U/R, Chexx Hockey
Jukebox: Rowe AMI R87

Offline PinPup

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:08:35 PM »
Best of luck to you Mick, I hope all goes well for you, wife, and family. Hopefully you will return soon on your own terms. Safe travels.
Chuck.
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline cathoderaze

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »
Good luck Mick. Thanks for everything you've done for the community and Replay. Hope to see you back here some time.

Tampa Arcade Club
Twitch:twitch.tv/cathoderaze

Offline Cloud2Ground

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »
No words, just love!!!
" The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity " - The Lord of Darkness/Tim Curry

Offline Redfox

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:30 PM »
Best of luck Mick! Won't be the same around here without you. Was a pleasure to have known you.

Sincerely,

Eric
Pins: AC/DC, RBION, Fast Draw, Stargate, Cactus Canyon
Past Pins: Solar City, The Shadow, Bad Cats, Jack·Bot, Johnny Mnemonic, LOTR, Half of a Tron

Offline PinFan4Life

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »
Thank you, Mick.

You will be missed in FL.  Wishing you and your family all the best.
Pins: Elvira’s HOH Prem, Rush Premium, Godzilla Premium, Foo Fighters Premium, Cactus Canyon LE, Metallica, Star Trek Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, TMNT pro, Family Guy, Cirqus Voltaire, WOZ ECLE, Scooby Doo CE, Whirlwind.  Vids: 60 in 1 Multicade, Megatouch EVO. Visiting currently: Wms Touchdown EM.

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
There are no words for how i'm feeling right now.  I'm going to miss my friend terribly.

All the best to you and your family as you start this next portion of your journey of life. 

Offline mcjeremy42

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:34:58 PM »
Everytime I needed help, you were the first to offer an answer and drop by to help. 
I wish you and yours all the best!  Please let me know if you want to make one last Disney trip, or if you need any gifts from there sent across the pond.

Pop in every once in awhile and say hi to us poor colonists! 
Vids: Donkey Kong (w/DK, DK2, DK Remix, DKjr, DKjr Remix, DK3), Midway cocktail (w/ArcadeSD), Defender cocktail, Rampage World Tour, Space Invaders Deluxe (w/Braze), Moon Patrol, Tron (w/Satan's Hollow), Asteroids Deluxe (w/Braze), Pac-Man (with HSS multi), Pac-Land, Phoenix, MAME
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Centigrade 37
Pachinkos: Spider-Man Neo

Offline Redland Man

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
Good luck to you and safe travels.   Luis
Don't be a bully

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
Mick,

Godspeed to you and your family.  Don't let your departure from the state cause you to disappear from your family here.  You, sir, are a talent and an asset to the hobby.  The knowledge you impart to the rest of the users of the site is invaluable!
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, WW and Wild Card

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »

Can't even express how much you will be missed.   :'( :'(

Offline Big Al

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
Great quote from Brian,

All the best to you and your family as you start this next portion of your journey of life.

x2 from Big Al and Tina.

I like your signature line, "wherever life takes me".

We wish you the best buddy!!!

I'm not quite sure things will be the same without you.  You were always someone to help, someone to buy a quality machine from, or quite simply . . . someone to just simply have a nice chat with.

13,156 posts (i.e., "credits") and counting.

Happy gaming,
Big Al & Tina

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words  :)

and to clarify without going into too much detail, it is just me and my kids that an embarking on this chapter of our journey  :'( :'(
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline Doubletap

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
    • Lowry Parcade
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 12:05:08 AM »
Until next time, my friend. You've helped me out so much in this hobby, and I will always remember the good times we've had. I hope the best for you and your kids on the next journey.