Author Topic: Gameroom Beginnings  (Read 2164 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Gameroom Beginnings
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
  That must have been a lot of work to ship your EM's overseas!

not for me. :)  just helped to load a van that drove to my garage. very rare sale, and I turned 1 into 3 out the door in 1 shot back in 2015.

pinball is a weird $$$ hobby. was unable to sell a sample EM game on here for $600. put it on eBay, owner of IPDB wanted pictures (no samples previously sold), and it ended up being sold for $1200 to a chile buyer with a buddy that came to me in a GMC van pickup. he purchased 1 off eBay, sold 2 other by word-of-mouth that for me and the family...just plain sucked after full shop/refurb jobs.

a disco fever featured on TV. didn't move on here. and 1 playfield wood planking playfield and cabinet faded pool sharks offered for less than I purchased, but sold for double asking price.

still like the locals for sales, don't really care about profit/loss, except where I'm upside down in a stern.

weird hobby.  :) I learn how good a game staying value has AFTER I repair/refurb it. works usually...but some titles...no matter what, no amount of love can make a bad game, good.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »
K7 - good stories for sure!  That's what makes it fun!   I think most of the people on here really love the games, that's why the prices for buying / selling / trading are very fair in my opinion.  I have seen the ridiculous prices on eB_y, etc.  I used to be a seller on eB_y full time for a while, but I got out of it because of the fees from eB_y / Payp_l, etc.  And CL has many crazies on there that you have to screen out. 

Still looking for that Gottlieb Spin Out wedgehead!  8)
Past Pins (all Gottlieb EM's): Scuba, Mini Cycle, Out of Sight, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Royal Flush, Pioneer, Jet Spin, Jungle, Mustang, Bronco, Fun Land, Paul Bunyan, 300

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: 2001, El Dorado, Atlantis, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek, Black Sheep Squadron

Offline zenbone

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • The T-Shirt Guy
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
what an awesome collection of pins! man i love them all... never heard of Mini cycle but now i want one! thanks for sharing!

Offline EddiePi

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »
Sky jump is one of the best. Played it in the roller rink in south Jersey as a kid. I found one and had to have it.   I also have a very nice target alpha. Another machine I threw most of my paper route money in as a kid.  I will have these two till my flipper hands no longer work.

Eddie
My Collection:
Pins - WPT, RBION, Playboy, No Fear, Maverick, Barb Wire, Bride of Pinbot, Mata Hari and Slugfest.  EM; Target Alpha, Sky Jump, Super Score, Stop N Go and Bowling Queen.
Arcades - Lethal Enforcers, Golden Tee Complete, Silver Strike, Beta Shuffle Alley and SuperChexx.

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
Thanks guys - appreciate the comments.  I like the Mini Cycle more, especially since I have it working now lol.  It is a fun game.  I need to go through the entire game though and clean all the contacts, etc.  Just when I have it working, something else goes out lol.  ???  It seems like a common tale with EM's.  I also like the Sky Jump.  When I was looking for my first Wedge Head, I made a list of the ones I like (from the IPDB website) with the Sky Jump being one of my most wanted, and it just so happened a friend of mine had a nice Sky Jump for sale, so I went for it. 
Past Pins (all Gottlieb EM's): Scuba, Mini Cycle, Out of Sight, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Royal Flush, Pioneer, Jet Spin, Jungle, Mustang, Bronco, Fun Land, Paul Bunyan, 300

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: 2001, El Dorado, Atlantis, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek, Black Sheep Squadron