Author Topic: 2016 Florida APE: Beach hotel deal  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Marcel G

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
2016 Florida APE: Beach hotel deal
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »

The 7th annual Florida APE will be in Hallandale Beach.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34275-Hallandale_Beach_Florida-Vacations.html

This is a courtesy hotel alert!

With the show dates during "high season" (January - February), snow birds from up North will flock down, driving hotel rates ridiculously high!

We were able to get a great deal on a hotel right on the beach for Feb 19th - 21st!

Days Inn - Thunderbird Beach Resort
18401 Collins Ave
Sunny Isles Beach, FL. 33160
305-931-7700
http://www.thunderbirdflorida.com/

$139+ tax room rate for Feb 19th - 20th includes:
- Up to 4 people
- Two double beds
- Complimentary breakfast
- $13 Resort fee will include towels & chairs for the pool & beach, unlimited wifi, and daily newspaper
- Free local phone calls
- Safe for your valuables (wolowizard's custom shooter rods, for example)

This daily rate is subject to change the closer we get, so book ASAP to guarantee yourself a place to stay!

Call 305-931-7700, ask for Nelson Herrera. Tell him you are with the "Florida APE" or "Florida Arcade & Pinball Expo"
You can also email him directly at nherrera@dezerhotels.com with name, dates, CC#, and expiration date to reserve your room.

Please PM me if you have any questions!

P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline JOY

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: 2016 Florida APE: Beach hotel deal
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:42:06 AM »
Hi Marcel!

Thanks for working out a deal for the hotel.  You need to double-check that website that's listed however, when I clicked on it I got the page for a resort in Treasure Island, outside of St. Pete.

Looking forward to it!

Frank

Offline VanManDan

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:37:47 AM by VanManDan »
Current Line up:
AC/DC Pro, Metallica Pro-LED, Flicker EM
Big Brave, Fonzi-Eightball
Ironman

Dan'o

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:15:46 AM »
Looks like a nice place, already booked. When I phoned in, the rate given was 139 plus the 13 pool beach fee, I didn't have to mention APE at all. Rate per dsy with taxes comes to 170, but there is also a 12 daily parking fee, 14 if you wantvalet service. So total per day will run about 182 for non valet parking. Sneaky, they didn't mention the parking fee until i called back to ask.
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline lordtakuban

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »
Moved comment to appropriate thread...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:45:03 AM by lordtakuban »

Offline APE Wife

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Looks like a nice place, already booked. When I phoned in, the rate given was 139 plus the 13 pool beach fee, I didn't have to mention APE at all. Rate per dsy with taxes comes to 170, but there is also a 12 daily parking fee, 14 if you wantvalet service. So total per day will run about 182 for non valet parking. Sneaky, they didn't mention the parking fee until i called back to ask.

Hi PinPup.

The $13 their Resort Fee that includes the use of towels and chairs. You can choose to use them or not. (There is no fee for the use of the beach it's FREE) but I think if you will be going to it, to take advantage of it since you will have to pay for it anyway. :)

As far as the parking in Miami-Broward county, especially being at the beach next to all the high rises/hotels/shops/restaurants/shopping centers you name it... parking fees are usually the norm.
I apologize for the miscommunication you had with whomever you spoke to, but those things happen. :)

Nelson Herrera, the manager I spoke with was very sweet and offered to keep our show in mind should their hotel get more filled as we get closer to season to honor that price to the best of his abilities. That's why I've asked you guys to ask for him if possible and or email him personally and mention "Florida APE". :)

Again guys.. This is a courtesy to be able to stay on the beach, close to the hotels. At this time of year everything sells out down here, blocks of rooms are not offered due to regulars paying top $$$$.
Rooms 10+miles away! off the beach, START at $189. This is why I thought this was beyond good for those that wanted to crash, they'd get an ocean too. :)

If anyone finds something within 5 miles from te venue, at a better price, feel free to post! We'd really appreciate it. We will also generate a list of hotels in the 5 mile radius and post it on a separate thread.

Thanks!

Dilayla

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »
I think the pricing is totally fine for what is offered, no qualms. This isn't the first place that hasn't disclosed all fees, certainly won't be the last. I wouldn't have booked if I felt this was a bad deal. Just relaying my experience in booking and letting folks know the total true costs so no surprises. Truly appreciate all the hard work by the organizers!
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline APE Wife

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »
I think the pricing is totally fine for what is offered, no qualms. This isn't the first place that hasn't disclosed all fees, certainly won't be the last. I wouldn't have booked if I felt this was a bad deal. Just relaying my experience in booking and letting folks know the total true costs so no surprises. Truly appreciate all the hard work by the organizers!

I'm glad you found the price good for what you're getting at this time of the year down here. It was a bit disenchanting that after weeks of searching so many hotels, even the worst motels ever in bad areas were charging such ridiculous prices or others would not guarantee us a block because of their regulars. :/
So I felt I hit the lotto with this one. I also wanted to clarify for you guys too so I thank you for looking out PinPup!

Ok, hope to meet you at the show and put a face behind the name.
Thanks again for your support! :))

Dilayla

Offline Rientslo

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »
I was able to book a room at the Knights Inn, through Priceline, for $150 a night including all taxes and fees.  It's not a beach resort but it is close (1.5 miles from the Mardi Gras) and will serve its purpose for a place to crash in between PINBALL BABY!