Author Topic: March 5th Saturday next event  (Read 2595 times)

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
March 5th Saturday next event
« on: February 24, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
Would really love to get this bowling alley location off the ground to bring in more games, and keep the newest games coming in when available.

For that reason I've set the next league event at Anastasia lanes Saturday March 5th starting at 2pm.
Games will be pay to play, however with no normal 5$ for the host that will supplement what you would typically spend on your games. Games will be very new, as 4 will be opened up this weekend when loaded in over there.  Any questions please contact me.

There will still be a 5$ league fee to participate. Also if you'd like to just pay this in a one time sum of 50$ (remaining year), just let me know.
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline Clark

Re: March 5th Saturday next event
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:51:09 AM »
I don't know about everyone else but personally I enjoyed a bunch of pinball guys and gals getting together and just having fun playing games and visiting once a month or so. The recent competition theme, fees, pay to play has taken all the fun out of getting together for me. I never wanted or took any money to host events as I enjoyed everyone getting together and enjoying my games and hopefully our hospitality. It has just become too business like for me. For those who like this direction that is great and I am sure you will enjoy many great events in the future. My place will always be open to anyone wanting to come and play. Thanks, Rick

Offline the architect

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »
This isn't meant to ruffle any feathers what so ever rick. I will say that this is how many other leagues are run. I did ask this in the group at an earlier point and it was agreed that everyone was on board. If there's a group that doesn't agree with this please send me a pm as I would like to group to make decisions as a whole.

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline Clark

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »
Joe,
I am fine with the way you all are doing the group. I myself just like to have fun with the people and not so much with winning or playing in a league. I know most of the guys and gals are much younger than me and I am probably old school in a way that when you have someone over to enjoy your games, pool, cars, food or whatever it is totally my treat. Maybe most of the younger people can't afford the expense of hosting, I understand that. No body ruffled any feathers of mine as I know you have spoken with most of the people and they agree in the direction you are going. I say have fun and if I can attend the getogethers then I will. Again my place is always open for anyone to stop bye and play as some people do. Take care. Rick

Offline the architect

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 10:50:09 PM »
Ok I appreciate your feedback. I think we will end up holding a semi weekly league only at the bowling alley at some point. This would free up the SBR for events like what your talking about. I personally think the more pinball the better.

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 08:21:08 AM »
Like your thoughts Clark.... :) I open my place up too a few times a year, for our TBPL league. Ever down my way stop in!. I'm one of the older guys too in this hobby. you too Joe!!! ;D
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
I saw on Pinside's map that Anastasia has a Walking Dead and Star Trek. What will be the lineup once it gets stocked? Can't wait to get up to the 904 again. Put in for a vacation day, DENIED, so I guess I will just cut work!
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline the architect

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 09:07:25 PM »
Pics

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
Thank you for setting this up Joe. Great to get back up to the 904 again.

Finding public places with more than 1 or 2 machines is getting harder to do.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »
Looks awesome out there ... can't wait to check it out!

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.