Author Topic: TBPL MAR MEETUP 4/16 @ *** pindan3's ***  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Re: TBPL MAR MEETUP 4/16 @ *** pindan3's ***
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 04:54:20 PM »
well yeah, EMs are easy to roll over when you have them set to award a extra ball every 10 points!
 sure, you just know deep down inside that the EM Brigade is unbeatable because they excel in the world of REAL bells and chimes, unlike that recorded electronically mumble jumble you are used to. We understand the geometry and the skill set with smacking those cabinet corners to make the game shrivel in fear at our awesome playing skill. Why I heard that JEFFNOTJIM has scored on Ems higher totals then the billions of points awarded for putting the ball in play on a SS game.  SS=simply silly. Boy they sure don't make them like the good old days when people respected we wizards for our expertise and being just plain good looking examples of the human race!
 SS players all need to work on their tans!
 its ok yall fear us, we understand!  ;D
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »
wel.....alrighty then!!! ???
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
well see what you should do is borrow my bow and arrow or old Chicago or maybe one of my gottlieb wedgies and not announce it as one of the 9. then you can freak out a whole bunch of players, or maybe not, most good players can play EMS quite well. then theres that occasional player that claims they hate EMS and have never really played them,,,,,,,,,,,kinda like making NASCAR drivers try to make it around road courses!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
then you can freak out a whole bunch of players, or maybe not, most good players can play EMS quite well.

True. Often the same names appear in the list of top 16 qualifying players in both modern and classics banks. Some players are stronger on one era versus another, but the top players are solid across the eras.   
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline hoosierthirteen

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Just a guy who loves pinball
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:35 PM »
well yeah, EMs are easy to roll over when you have them set to award a extra ball every 10 points!
 sure, you just know deep down inside that the EM Brigade is unbeatable because they excel in the world of REAL bells and chimes, unlike that recorded electronically mumble jumble you are used to. We understand the geometry and the skill set with smacking those cabinet corners to make the game shrivel in fear at our awesome playing skill. Why I heard that JEFFNOTJIM has scored on Ems higher totals then the billions of points awarded for putting the ball in play on a SS game.  SS=simply silly. Boy they sure don't make them like the good old days when people respected we wizards for our expertise and being just plain good looking examples of the human race!
 SS players all need to work on their tans!
 its ok yall fear us, we understand!  ;D

Weeze, you're a hoot. I have a double hernia in my gut, and I laughed so hard it hurt. Sending you a PM in a few minutes.....I have something in my garage you may want.
Current Pins : Hobbit LE, Game of Thrones
Past Pins : Star Trek (Premium), Ghostbusters, World Poker Tour, NASCAR, Terminator 3, Phantom of the Opera, Lethal Weapon 3, Hurricane, X Files, Fire! (Champagne Edition), Cyclone, Jokerz!, Riverboat Gambler, Rollergames, Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Bally Game Show, Gold Wings, Black Pyramid, Kings of Steel, Six Million Dollar Man, Big Indian, Jungle Queen, Bronco, Stampede, OXO, Toledo

Offline HFK

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 10:33:37 PM »

I just realized this is the same day as the Meatloaf concert and I got VIP seats for my wife for her birthday. I really hate to miss one of your gatherings Dan as they are always a great time and I get to see some people that I don't see that often anymore. Plus your collection is amazing and always changing. Between the pins and the jukes I could spend a whole weekend there.

I can come by Sunday morning and play some pinball while you are cleaning up.   ;D

Sorry I can't make it and thank you for the invite.

Offline jbeam

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
There are a lot of things going on these days and that is GREAT for pinball!  Our April meet-up is just around the corner -  April 16 -  Doors open at NOON and Josh will be running the tournament - starts at 2PM -  There will be plenty of games to play and we may even have a secondary tournament - We should be wrapping things up around 9 pm -  As usual Dona will be preparing plenty of food for everyone and we will have cold water -  Bring your own booze..lol.  Post or PM me so we can get a rough head count.  Some of you are in other clubs, and you are more than welcome to join in!!!

Summary
Doors will be open at NOON
Tournament starts PROMPTLY at 2PM.
Possibility of a 2nd tournament.

BYOB!
Need a head count!

Contact pindan3 for the addy!

Offline owlnonymous

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
I updated the first post to include all of the info. See you there!

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline pindan3

• And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 03:36:29 PM »
Just a final note...after the party note that is.It was a GREAT time again as usual! The PIN GOLF tournament was FUN and different. Ron, showed up on the right day! LOL. And even a few new faces! Congrats to Kirby for the WIN for April. The league will be sad to see you go.But I guess you will just have to get a plane ticket and come back in a few months for the Finals. Owl brought the TBPL shirts too. and we had a minor issue with 2 games at the start but Hamster came to the rescue! Thanks!. ( and just to clarify that was Ron oicu812)...the food was great and prepped by Dona. Hope to see all or most of you next month. Sorry..the pics I took are WAY out of focus!!!
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
That was such a great time!  Thank you for hosting and I was so happy we could make this event!  The pin golf was super fun and it was great to meet some new people too! 

Offline jbeam

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 08:16:05 AM »
Thanks everyone that came out, I hope everyone had a great time. Thanks again Dan and Dona for hosting! Here are the final results. I hope everyone had a great time.

Pos   Name   Strokes
1   Kirby Rients   35
2   Dan Coyle   36
3   Jim Beam   36
4   Dan Spolar   37
   Patrick Shatzer   37
   Michael Burke   37
7   Josh Beam   39
   Teresa Beam   39
   Dan Redd   39
10   Rosie Mondragon   42
11   Nicholas   43
   Mark   43
   Jason Nail   43
14   Scott Bratton   44
   Justin   44
   Marshall Dickson   44
17   Leon   46
   Skyler Johnson   46
19   Bill Stillwell   47
20   Ron   48
21   Chip   49
22   Chris Arnhart   53
   Kelly   53

Offline Marshall

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »
Thanks Dan & Dona for hosting again.

Was fun to play a different format, Pin Golf, and the strawberry angel food cake was divine!

See you in May! (Details to follow)
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7