Author Topic: Nintendo getting into Plug and Plays  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
Re: Nintendo getting into Plug and Plays
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »
Okay, I actually played it yesterday at Freeplay. Nintendo Rep was there trying desperately to hand out Yokai Watch hats. =)

I'm sorry to say it was a big negative. The controller cord is 3, maybe 4 feet long. I mentioned this to the rep (She was really nice, btw), and she said to get an extra long HDMI cable. That's great, but it's kinda like telling me to add real Lobster to my Lobster Ramen for better flavor. Regardless of how far I get away from the TV, I'm still gonna be 3 feet from the freaking Console.

I don't know about you, but Super C gets my controller moving in many directions, usually violently, I'd totally be throwing that console around.

Speaking of Super C. The framerate was off. It could have been the TV, but I felt laggy. While yes, the original hardware could do that at times, those times were normally not on the first stage.

Simply put, save yourself some money and buy a Hyperkin Retron. You will be happier.
-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline owlnonymous

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of PinĀ·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous