Author Topic: Music Pin Trifecta- AC/DC Luci, Kiss LE, Metallica Road Case  (Read 1628 times)

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
Music Pin Trifecta- AC/DC Luci, Kiss LE, Metallica Road Case
« on: October 22, 2016, 01:45:38 AM »
I have been wanting to add a Metallica back to my collection for quite some time, just never got around to it, but now that I have it along with AC/DC and Kiss, I'm very pleased.  I must say theses three each give a unique experience with outstanding flow and gameplay, and I love all 3 bands.  My only gripe would be that Kiss needs more code, but I know that will come in time.. the flow of the game and shots are still great IMO, code can make this a great game if they "just do it".   ;D

So, that being said, I thought I'd share for the hell of it since I haven't posted much in the last year.  Here's a pic of the 3 together, I have subwoofers attached to each so they sound amazing also.

For those that haven't seen the Road Case in person, pics don't do it justice.  The art on this is just fantastic, so much that I think it's better than the LE machine I had, and rarer and more exclusive than the standard pro/premium art IMO.  I'm working on getting a Monsters translite to complete this, and then it's done.  It was also nice to finally meet Pchdetc who was super easy to deal with and a great guy to talk pinball with (I think I always spend at least an hour on a machine pickup talking pinball/arcades if the seller is up to it :) ). 

Here's some better pics of a Road Case (not my pics) that show more detail.  I plan on doing a gunmetal powder on the Road Case also which should look killer-

LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Music Pin Trifecta- AC/DC Luci, Kiss LE, Metallica Road Case
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »
Nice set there!  The roadcase edition always looked pale in comparision to the colorful alternatives, but it seems to has grown on everyone, particularly once Stern released the previous unreleased Premium translite, which I assume you are after.  You'll want the "Live Shit: Binge & Purge" box set to go along with it.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Nice set there!  The roadcase edition always looked pale in comparision to the colorful alternatives, but it seems to has grown on everyone, particularly once Stern released the previous unreleased Premium translite, which I assume you are after.  You'll want the "Live Shit: Binge & Purge" box set to go along with it.

I'm a pretty big MET fan and already had the box set years before the pin came out.  I know some had said that it looked like Stern just drew something up quick, but that's not the case and the detail is impressive on it. 
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline DK

• Account retired
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »
The Roadcase cab ROCKS

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:41 PM »
Beautiful lineup, I can't wait for the Kiss update also!

Offline Baiter

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
I'm a pretty big MET fan and already had the box set years before the pin came out.  I know some had said that it looked like Stern just drew something up quick, but that's not the case and the detail is impressive on it.

Exactly... both that box set and the Premium road case are modeled after Metallica's actual road cases designed around the AJFA tour.  That premium translite is also better than the Pro version.  Otherwise, I'm still partial to the LE, it's the only one with matching cabinet and translite art.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:18:34 PM »
"Live Shit: Binge & Purge" box set
Picked up an empty one at Sound Exchange for $4.99.
Makes a great topper!
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7

Offline wolowizard

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 04:00:44 PM »
I have the trifecta too, just in the Pro versions.  Aerosmith is next on my radar.  GnR would be nice, but I prefer newer Sterns.  I'll pass on the Rolling Stones,  Tommy,   Elvis,   Nugent and Dolly Parton.  Did I miss any ?  A shout out to the Elton John pin, but alas no music on that one.
current pins:   Rush prem, TMNT prem , BKSOR prem, JP prem, AV infinity quest prem, IMDN prem, DP prem, Mando Pro, GZ prem...and a Stargate Arcade and a handful of Arcade 1 ups

Offline Pchdetc

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 09:02:54 PM »
Looks great Khabbi. Congrats :-)