Author Topic: 5 Years of Operating Pinball in the 904 Area Code Today!  (Read 3324 times)

Offline HighProtein

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
5 Years of Operating Pinball in the 904 Area Code Today!
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:47:58 AM »
5 Years of Operating Pinball in the 904 Area Code Today!

5 Years ago I put my Batman Forever at Young Loud and Snotty Records / Skateboards in Atlantic Beach FL.
When I found the place it spoke to me to put a game there.  Dale the owner was instantly receptive to the idea.
Since that game was there many many many others came and went there.
I helped other operators and collector operators place games and then the second game
was Tales from the Crypt that I picked up the weekend of the Southern Pinball Festival that year
which went to Aphotic Crypt which was a goth style place that sold neat strange stuff.
I eventually got into dive bars, sports bars, comic shops, video game stores movie theaters and misc. weird spots.
After about 3.5 years things got into gear and this is now what I do.
It's wildness that I actually make a living off of quarters (mostly)!
I started the 904 Pinball Zine earlier in 2011 and initially visualized routing games in early 2009
when I lived in Seattle, 2 years before even owning one pinball machine.
These days I'm the operator in the region with the most games out but other big operations still have some one.
I've still got a looooong way to go, so the next 5 years will be interesting coming up.
Thanks for playing if you've played them, if you haven't yet why not do so if ever in the area?
Cheers and all that jive!
Cody
5star:SMB/Rastan
Bmac:CruisinW
DicksOp:PacCocktail,MVC,AREA51,CENTIPEDE,BAGS&TROG
DicksNocatee:TMNT
DicksYulee:NoFear,Contra&MK2
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB
VGR:Area51,CrazyTaxi,H.O.D.SFA3,SF2&WildRiders /
Walrus:PAC,SMB&TT

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
Re: 5 Years of Operating Pinball in the 904 Area Code Today!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
Congrats!

Offline dodgersfan

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
Congrats!  Love the Judge Dredd at Superhero Hive.  Jax needs a pinball spot!

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
Keep up the great job. My son and I have stopped by a few of the places in the past year on our way through Jax. Operators like you keeps the game alive for the next generation of players.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »
Super congrats!  I know its tough to start a new business from scratch these days, appears you managed and still growing strong.  Keep up the great work. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 10:38:02 PM »
Congrats!  Love the Judge Dredd at Superhero Hive.  Jax needs a pinball spot!

I'd always wanted that a Dredd at a comic shop, it looks great there,
Demolition man is next to it now and maybe something new in the future!
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »
Keep up the great job. My son and I have stopped by a few of the places in the past year on our way through Jax. Operators like you keeps the game alive for the next generation of players.

Thanks, I'm getting better at it as time goes on, more spots and more games gradually!

Offline HighProtein

• Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 10:40:22 PM »
Super congrats!  I know its tough to start a new business from scratch these days, appears you managed and still growing strong.  Keep up the great work.

Thanks, I saw games still kick'n it in Seattle when I lived there 2007-2009 so it was inspiring.
Seeing the totally lacking of games in this huge area code helped inspire me further.
It's totally up hill and patience has been key, 5 more years coming up will be even more fun!

Offline getyourselfahotdog

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Congratulations High Protein, location pinball is the key to survival in this hobby, it's great to see the promotion and running of tournaments and the exposure you give to new players. Keep up the good work and best success for the next five years. It's good to hear that people can make a living doing something they enjoy.