Author Topic: Amazon - Bought anything great from them recently?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
Re: Amazon - Bought anything great from them recently?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »
Just picked up a pair of HyperX Cloud Alphas.

My aged Tiamat 2.2 headset decided to shed both ear cups at once and after a bit of research I decided to take a chance on the Alphas...AMAZING!!!
Wide soundstage, crazy clarity, decent bass. I had no idea how rubbish my old cans were. Are they an audiophiles wet dream? Nope, what they are is orders of magnitude better then I ever expected for a $99 headset. Music sounds fantastic and my K/DR in Escape From Tarkov has already gone up ;-) I do admit they are a wee bit bright but they are brand new and if it becomes an issue I can roll off the EQ.

For the price these are a total steal.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 10:14:33 PM »
Ordered some Knipex ferrule crimpers:

https://www.amazon.com/97-53-14-SB-self-adjustment/dp/B000XULU60/ref=sr_1_37?m=A2U6VZXTMBOH74&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1526177173&sr=1-37&keywords=knipex

Think they screwed up because when I ordered them yesterday, they were $99 (never seen them close to this low), now they are $199 from the same vendor ;D I was actually concerned they were going to be counterfeit due to the price but it looks like someone just forgot to add a "1" when they originally listed them.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Avery-05459-Handwrite-Removable-Color-Coding/dp/B000AN36MQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1526752994&sr=8-5&keywords=black+stickers

Black stickers.

These are for covering up all those damn LEDs in your life. The mostly-useless "I'm on!" or "I'm doing something!" LEDs on every damn piece of electronic equipment that are all WAY too bright. The worst offenders, IMO, are televisions and monitors that have a bright "I'm on!" light on the bezel of the screen. Motherfucker I know you're on because the god damn screen is on!

The pack is a bit expensive but it's basically a lifetime supply.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 02:21:07 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gyration-GYAM-FSKB-NA-Wireless-Keyboard/222773508044?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

eBay rather than Amazon this time, but this is a great deal.

Gyration full-size wireless keyboards. I've had one for years, bought 2 of these to replace the old beat-up one (and one for a spare).

Downsides; no on-off switch, which would be nice, and it has a damn LED that lights up anytime you hit a key. The black stickers will fix that though.

This model does not come with the mouse, but $30 with free shipping is a great deal. I'm typing on one now, looks like old stock but unopened. One did not come with the extra wrist-wrest, the other did. I never use that anyway.

One that's too late - but the sale will likely come back - Newegg recently had an ASUS laptop for $199. First one I've seen that had a 1080p screen at that price. I think it was 14 inch. New, not refurb.
The cheap Acer and ASUS laptops I bought 2-3 years ago had similar specs, but only a 1366x768 screen for around $250.
Other than that 4GB RAM, 2 core Celeron, 64GB eMMC, Windows 10.

Low-end to be sure, but great at that price, fine for light use, anything other than gaming, 3D rendering or HD video editing.

No touchscreen (meh), and the biggest downside is that the 64GB eMMC is soldered in, so it can't be upgraded - limited space and slower than a real SSD (still should be faster than a mechanical HD though). So the only option for more storage is to use the SD slot, or USB storage (it also had a USB 3.0 type-C port).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:23:03 PM by Niloc »