Author Topic: Switch Problems?  (Read 766 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Switch Problems?
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc&feature=youtu.be

Interestingly my original Wii had a blown GPU out of the box. My 3DS XL had a faulty analog 'nub' also right out of the box. No problems with the Wii U but in my experience that's 2 DOA systems out of the last 3 Nintendo products I've bought.. So switch problems don't surprise me.

Pretty easy to get replacements though at least.

Offline leewoo

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Switch Problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 06:30:56 AM »
Wow, that is just hard to watch.  Hyped-up gamers just let down by what seems to be the trending theme in tech:  releasing way before it's ready for prime time.  The cheap plastic dock really hurts in my opinion, especially if it's also scratching the screen.  Oh man, and the controllers basically fused with the wrong part is just infuriating.  I want one of these still but I'll probably hold out until all the kinks are worked out.  Also, can I put homebrew on this yet? :)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
Seems like there's only one real game out for it... it'll wait.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »
Definitely.. everything sensible says to wait.

First, they need to work out the production problems. I'd imagine a re-design of the dock is in order.. I can't believe its just plastic on both sides, you'd expect the screen facing side to be padded. If the dock scratches up enough units I suspect we'll see that in a revision soon.. like the grip cases for the wiimotes.

Second.. yeah there's no games. Most of it is DLC type stuff like Shovel Knight which you can already play on any number of systems. When a slightly updated version of last generations Mario Kart is one of your big marquee releases for the year you got problems. Zelda looks awesome but looking at side-by-sides with the Wii U version it appears the Wii U version is plenty good.

Finally there will be a cool special edition eventually.. maybe with Metroid colors or something and a pack-in game. I'd rather wait for that as it also makes for a collectible down the road as people get rabid for SE consoles.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
I am digging it, I picked one up.

Games I have: Zelda, Super Bomberman, Fast RMX and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

My system appears to have no issues.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 09:29:49 AM »
I had the problem with my Left Joycon having terrible range.  The joycon would consistently miss inputs and disconnect when I was sitting 10 feet away from the switch with direct line of sight.  I opened up the joycon and soldered in a small 1.5 inch wire to extend the antenna and now I dont have any issues anywhere in the room.

Offline lordtakuban

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »
I haven't had any issues with mine yet.  But I don't have a lot of time in it so far.  I've only played a little of the Zelda game (Just got into the first dungeon) and I haven't tried putting on those little cover things.  Now, I know to match the symbols at least.

I have a screen protector on order and will likely leave mine in the doc until that arrives.  I did not expect there to be as many problems as that video compilation shows.  The inability to transfer save games is really bad.  So if there is a problem with mine, my Zelda game saves will be lost.  Depending on how far through I am, that's when I pack the system up and just leave it in a box in the collection and be done with it.