Author Topic: Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo  (Read 4132 times)

Offline jammadude

• Level 1: Arrival
Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Hey guys, Shannon here from Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo. Our 4th annual event is shaping up to be another great one.  I wanted to provide an update about the show and remind everyone that there is a $5 code for the next 8 days if you use MADNESS

http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/

Named Arcade/Pinball Guests so far for SFGE2017:

Roger Sharpe
Billy Mitchell
David Crane
Dirty Donny
Charlie Emery
Ben Heck
John Jacobsen
Walter Day
Joel West

PLUS: 2 Nights of wrestling, lots's of tabletop and tabletop designers, 4 unique bands, Southern-Fried Film Fest, Artemis, PAPA Tournament, The US premier of the Sky Skipper project and so much more.

Offline jammadude

Re: Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »
I wanted to remind everyone that membership prices go up on May 1st.  You save money by buying them now and also save another $5 by using code PLAYERONE when you check out.

We have had an exciting week of news. You can now play Houdini & Dialed In at SFGE2017. We have our bring a game perks, including a chance to win a Waterworld pinball machine. Details have emerged about our 2night wrestling event. We added our Billy Mitchell look-a-like contest. We also announced our third musical act Professor ShyGuy with one more to announce soon. Nightlife at SFGE2017 is going to be happening.

Offline mcluvin

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:12:13 AM »
Unfortunately we will not be attending this year, but for anyone wondering, the wrestling was very entertaining for us last year and we're not even really wrestling fans.  We had a great time.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
It's a great time cool venue nice hotel as well. Will be there again this year taking at least 4 pins with me and have room for more with the new 7x14 trailer.  If you guys want to bring a game but don't have room let me know would be willing to haul yours up for a little gas money.
Regards
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline Rich Jax

• ...and sometimes the baar eats you.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:36:46 PM »
I want to see Billy Mitchell wrestle Walter Day.

Offline VanManDan

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:25:29 AM »
Looking forward to the party! Great venue, missed the wrestlers last time but I heard it was cool. Bringing a load of pins too!
Current Line up:
AC/DC Pro, Metallica Pro-LED, Flicker EM
Big Brave, Fonzi-Eightball
Ironman

Dan'o

Offline NoCashValue

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »
Wrestling is back this year...two nights! Just revealed the t-shirt design yesterday. Hope everyone can make it!

Offline ddebuss

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
In case some of you missed this in the SFGE newsletter.
The SFGE team is pleased to announce a couple of additional incentives for you to bring your pinball machines to the show:

1. We are pleased to announce ColorDMD as an official partner for SFGE 2017.  ColorDMD is offering a $50 discount on new displays for each ColorDMD enabled game exhibited at the show.  Support the show by bringing a game and take advantage of this additional reward!

Order in advance and display in the game at the show and get a $50 refund after the show for each game exhibited.
    Order in advance for free shipping and pickup at the show and get a $50 refund after the show for each game exhibited.
    Bring game(s) with a display already installed and get a discount code for $50 off your next display(s).
    Contact ColorDMD at info@colordmd.com for details about the discount/rebate.  Contact ddebuss@yahoo.com for details about free shipping with show pickup.

2. Thanks to Twisted Quarter we have a supply of heavily discounted pinball leg beverage caddies (aka Pingulps) to install on your game during the show and take home with you after the show.  Game bringers can pick them up at game registration on Friday at our cost $8 of each for each game at the show.  Any extras will be sold for $10 each for the remainder of the weekend.  While supplies last.

Offline ddebuss

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
Quick update on this.  Even though ColorDMD is out of stock they are going to prioritize SFGE displays.They are out of stock and are now taking orders for SFGE displays in advance from those that contact them at info@colordmd.com.  Payment is due prior to shipment at the end of the month.  At that point they will ship the pre-ordered displays to me for pickup at the show along with the signs that you need to attach to your game at the show.  This means that people that bring a game to SFGE will get first shot and their resupply.  In case you didn't know they don't normally take orders for stuff not in stock.  Thanks ColorDMD!

To net it out:
Save $50 on the display.
Save $20 on shipping.
--- That's in addition to the free weekend pass.  Just for bringing a game with a ColorDMD to SFGE!

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 11:03:50 PM »
does that savings only apply to games that are taken to the show or is that offer available to anyone?
vids:   246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur),  robotron, joust w/jrok, centipede

pins:  Star Trek premmy, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem,  BM66 prem, GnR LE, jjp potc le, Woz, The Hobbit,  JP(stern), Godzilla premmy,  AIQ (prem), EHoH. LoTR, CCr, F-14

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ, BSD, Firepower, STTNG, TMNT prem, TWD, Gilligan

Offline ddebuss

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
Great question.
The offer ONLY applies to games brought to the show.  Sorry.

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
I'm looking forward to the show, one month left.

Offline yesimbrandon

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 10:23:20 AM »
This show was awesome last year (my first time). My wife and I are all booked and ready for this year, can't wait!
Pins: Deadpool Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Game of Thrones Pro, Doctor Who, The Shadow, Meteor

Offline ddebuss

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
Another quick update on ColorDMD at SFGE:
The current plan is to cut off orders on May 27th so they can get shipped out to me during the week of the 29th.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
I saw the show listed in this months GAME INFORMER magazine in their gaming calendar. Good job! That's a pretty sizable feat.