Author Topic: April or May FLiPS?  (Read 685 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • Flipping the Dream
April or May FLiPS?
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »
Anyone interested in hosting this month or next month?

If we can't find a host, we could throw the 4 toy machines won at Cristian's in the back of the suburban and meet at a 7-11 where we can get some Mountain Dew and snacks.  I'll organize a split-flipper zen-tourney on them ;)

Let me know :)   

"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline wolowizard

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: April or May FLiPS?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »
           I have offered  a couple of times in the past.  I can help host a pinball party this month for you flips guys and gals if you are interested.  I can put out some good food, beers , sodas and snacks.    Check out all the current modding projects and play all the new Sterns.   Aerosmith just arrived last week , and I'm sure everyone would love to jam on it.   Let me know if I can help out.  Chuck
current pins:   MMr,   AC/DC,   TWD prem ,  IMVE , MET , GOT,  GB prem,  KISS,  AS

Offline mandelbloom

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:34:48 AM »
Chuck has a very nice lineup and is always a great host !
Have - HUO NGG, HUO IMVE  , HUO MET Premium DD "Special Edition" , HUO TSPP, HUO GB Premium  56 others on pin cab

Want - Super nice to CQ Funhouse or a really nice EM/early SS with lotsa drop targets!

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:37:18 PM »
I am interested in hosting in May. Over here in Safety Harbor and my wife and  I always enjoy meeting fellow pinballers. Best wishes, Charlie

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »
Darn I guess I am too far away now that I read more closely! Oh well...you are more than welcome to come over if you are ever up the Tampa Bay Area! Best, Charlie

Offline wolowizard

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »
 Hey Jeff, Have you found a host for April yet ?
current pins:   MMr,   AC/DC,   TWD prem ,  IMVE , MET , GOT,  GB prem,  KISS,  AS

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 12:15:55 AM »
Chuck-

Thanks for offering to host.

After I posted last week, I looked more carefully at the calendar for April, and realized the first weekend of April was the LSOG open house, the past weekend was the IFPA tourney at Sebastian's, the next weekend is Easter and the weekend of the 22nd is the pingolf event at the Asylum, which many FLiPS members and guests have attended or will be attending. 

In talking with several people participating in all the pinball activities and with Easter weekend right in the middle, it is just not practical to have a FLiPS event this month.

Again, thank you.

"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
Darn I guess I am too far away now that I read more closely! Oh well...you are more than welcome to come over if you are ever up the Tampa Bay Area! Best, Charlie

Thank you for offering. But yes, you are correct; Safety Harbor is out of the FLiPS radius of travel for most people.   WPB,  Broward and Miami Dade are the primary regions.  Even then, it can be a hike for people living at the extremes of the counties. 

Again, thank you.

Offline wolowizard

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
You had  such a long unbroken streak of monthly flips events.   Are you still looking for a May flips host ?

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
You had  such a long unbroken streak of monthly flips events.   Are you still looking for a May flips host ?

The streak was *technically* broken a while back ;)

I do have a few people I have been talking with regarding hosting in May and the rest of the year is covered.

When I know something concrete I can pass along to members and guests, it will be posted here :) 

Offline wolowizard

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
 I am doing a party April 22nd.  I can offer that weekend or the next weekend April 29 th or 30th (sat or sun) and do another party for Flips if you are interested.  I just wanted reply to your  post and try and help out for the love of pinball.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Flipping the Dream
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
May info posted :)