Author Topic: TAF Project  (Read 449 times)

Offline Mal7887

• Level 3: Hologram
TAF Project
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
I guess you have to start somewhere....

I recently bought an Addams Family as a re-import. It was in rough shape, complete with board issues and chunks of wood missing in the cabinet and back-box. Since I was able to get a good deal on it I figured what the hell... you have to start somewhere. So.... With no prior experience at all... I jumped into the deep end, decal replacement, troubleshooting and fixing board issues(with help of Villagers of course) replacing all the plastics, rubbers, ramps, flipper components, etc, etc etc.

While the decals look MUCHHHH better than what it looked like before...  its not perfect, but I guess I did OK considering I had never used a sander prior to this.. and I don't know if I would ever attempt such a thing again... but definitely some leanings though!

Overall glad I just jumped in, learned ALOT throughout this process. Only thing missing now is a new PF. Decisions Decisions...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:59:41 PM by Mal7887 »
Matt

Current Pins: AFM, MM, SS, EATPM (again!), Space Station, FH
Past: FH, TAF, ST Pro, GB Pro, T2, EATPM, TOM, CCC, MB

Offline Marshall

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
Re: TAF Project
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »
Looks great! Plenty of time and effort went into this leap into the deep end!  :D

What was the time frame of the project and if I may ask, how did you acquire the game?
I'm curious if people buy from others directly, say through a Pinside international listing, or is there a vendor to purchase pins from via an export expert?

How is your playfield? Any magnet burn?
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7

Offline Mal7887

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:28 PM »
I got the machine in right at beginning of March and I've been been working on it non stop since it arrived.

I bought it from seller with proven history on Pinside. Machine came from Netherlands. I was very worried and careful about this and did a lot of research first as the only way to pay is with a bank wire. Was worth it and worked out in the end.
Matt

Offline Mal7887

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:11:53 PM »
How is your playfield? Any magnet burn?

The playfield is a little worn in spots. I did install mansion and power decal. That made a huge diference. Lucked out with no magnet burn.
Matt