Author Topic: Pinball: A great game with substandard production values  (Read 535 times)

Offline NormaJ

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: Pinball: A great game with substandard production values
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
Most of the streaming I watch is of new games that haven't seen want to see the rules, etc... the competitions I enjoy for a short time but they cannot hold my attention all day.

I will admit somehow competitive video games are on national TV now, its beyond me how someone can enjoy watching that. Last I saw it was a bunch of out of shape guys sitting in chairs playing NBA 2K17. :-)

Love your comments. I struggle to sit through Jack Danger when he's at the Stern factory so I can see people playing and learn what something is supposed to do on Aerosmith, etc. I can't make it more than a half-hour, though. When Bowen does his tutorials, he is essentially letting you in on his thoughts. "Now I want to try to hit the spinner to increase my bonus..."

The competitive video game thing is beyond my comprehension. The first-person shooters make me dizzy, and the non-shooters are too much glitz and whiz-bang and who really cares?

I am glad we have the people we have doing what they do, otherwise some nights I would have nothing to watch at all. TV is too dull nowadays.

Offline Triglyph

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »
Here's a breakdown of the audio mix from the hours I watched

48% ambient noise from a mic laying on the carpet underneath someone's chair
32% someone tries to explain the rules to Barracora again
10% breathing and mouth noises
8% a sound from a pinball machine that isn't being played on the stream
2% a sound from the machine that's being played on the stream

Offline Triglyph

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 06:49:43 PM »
Overall I enjoyed watching the stream, but I feel like some game audio is required to be mixed in there too, it's just too dull watching the game basically on mute

Offline mandelbloom

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »
I have a solution, Bowen should just commentate on all games just like his tutorials :-) LOL
Have - HUO NGG, HUO IMVE  , HUO MET Premium DD "Special Edition" ,  56 others on pin cab

Want - Super nice to CQ Funhouse or a really nice EM/early SS with lotsa drop targets!