Author Topic: Kiss Pinball- code tweaks share  (Read 164 times)

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
Kiss Pinball- code tweaks share
« on: April 15, 2017, 02:48:25 PM »
I made a video of the adjustments I made to my Kiss LE machine to make the game a little more fun until Stern does another update (or IF they do another update since we're at almost a year since the last one). This was done from a combination of playing it myself and suggestions from pinside so I figured I'd pass it on.

Does this make some of the objectives a little easier? Yep. But not too easy and it makes the game much more fun to me and the few people I've shared it with. Bottom line is, you can try this and see how you like it, and always go back if you don't. For me, I'm keeping it like this until Stern does an update. I honestly believe that if Stern just tweaked the current code, it would be a much, much more enjoyable game.

I think Borg's layout shoots great with excellent shots and speed.. to me it's always been the code that has held this game back.

Here's a video of the adjustments in the menu:

And video of the gameplay (took me several games to get a game this good btw):

LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • Flipping the Dream
Re: Kiss Pinball- code tweaks share
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:42 AM »
Makes sense to adjust the code settings so that you enjoy it.  I usually will play the game on factory many times so I get feel for what the designers intended. Then I change things harder/easier depending on patterns I see happening in games.

It's too bad so many games get left with the code not quite polished. It really takes a lot of plays to see what needs to be tweaked.  On paper the code might seem ok, but it is only after extensive play where the game is really understood,  Stern just doesn't have the time to do that upfront prior to release which is why we see (some) games modified years down the road.
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president