Author Topic: ACPR part #2 details  (Read 526 times)

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
ACPR part #2 details
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
stopped in to the daytona pinball and arcade museum just of international speedway towards the beach area. they have plenty of classic arcades as well as some pins.

the location is fantastic and we would get to use the stage for the tournament, as well as project standings/streaming on their overhead projector. they have an in house pizza bar as well as plenty of hip places to eat in the same strip mall. its a great facility that is very 80's. its an old nightclub that has an interior that is colosseum themed. looks like it will be a great facility for future events and has a decent size capacity.

unfortunately to allow for other events to operate within the state without interference we need to hold this event in the very near future without much notice. so at this point we are going to submit to the IFPA schedule for friday/saturday/sunday, may 19th-21st. this is just over a month away, sorry about such short notice. however this would provide a great points grab for everyone that hasn't played much this year to date. last 3 day tournament if swept shelled out 32+ points!

would love to get some feed back on this quickly as we can make minor adjustments to times etc at this point.

were thinking we will run it the same exact way we did last time, as a match play 3 rounds w finals friday and 5 rounds w finals sat/sun. half the field for finals, byes for top seeds. tournament will have games from all eras and groups will play across all eras in matches. thank you and i look forward to seeing you guys there.

i will be working on hotels etc in the next day or two. when i figure that out i will post a link for  the room rate/reservation link.

DAYTONA ARCADE MUSEUM

176 n beach st
daytona fl
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: ACPR part #2 details
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:49:35 PM »
Great! Thanks for organizing it, Joe!
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline Shimoda

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:18 AM »
If you ever do one of these during June I would make it down in a heartbeat, once school is out.  Sounds great.
King Pin ('73 GTB), Paragon, Tommy, Flash Gordon, Strato Flite (holding for buddy), Barracora

Past: Big Ben, FACES, Joker Poker(stein), Silverball Mania, Doctor Who (x2), Embryon, BSD, WOZ, BC, Sinbad, TSPP, WH2O, Farfalla, Amazing Spider-Man, Diner, Funhouse, Space Invaders, F-14, Rollergames, BoP, Incredible Hulk,  Centaur, Top Score, ES, BK2K, Meteor, EBD-LE, Genie, Flash Gordon, Diner, Mata Hari, Doctor Who, Soccer, The Wiggler, Nine Ball

Offline the architect

• Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:29:25 PM »
Tentative game line up.

(EM)

Wizard
Team one
Jack in the box
Big brave
Road race
Jungle queen
Aztec
(Alt) sing along

(Solid state)

Swords of fury
Space shuttle
Flash Gordon
The amazing Spider-Man
Firepower
Medusa
Hi-speed
(Alt)  taxi

(Modern)

World Cup 94
Ac/D.C. Premium
Sopranos
Roadshow
Twilight zone
Spider-Man
Ghostbusters
(Alt)  jackbot
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline getyourselfahotdog

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
Nice line up! Plan on making it down for this one!