Author Topic: Hyperball Owners  (Read 1240 times)

Offline motorhead9999

• Level 1: Arrival
Hyperball Owners
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:26:46 PM »
Anyone here also a Hyperball owner? I'm looking to bounce a few questions off fellow owners if possible!

Offline Turboderf

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Hyperball Owners
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »
get a hold of marcel G on here he owns one
Pins: ~ Aero Smith Pro ~ Revenge From Mars ~ Walking Dead Pro ~ Star Trek Pro ~ Flintstone ~ Gilligan's Island ~ No Fear ~ Junk Yard ~ Fish Tales ~ Monopoly ~ 4 Sale Satin Doll ~

4 Sale Pin: ? Stain Doll

Past Pins: Road Kings ~ 8 Ball - Shaq Attaq ~ World Challenge Soccer ~ Tales from the Crypt ~ World Cup Soccer 94 ~ Pinball Pool ~ F-14 ~
Black Water 100 ~ Rawhide ~ Stardust ~ Elvira and The Party Monster ~ Spider Man ~

Arcade: Arcade Legends ~
 Custom Built Multicade 60-1 ~

Past: 3 Slots: Gamera - Big Chance - Snow King

Offline Doublekick

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:08:00 AM »
I own one
Had it for about 12 years
Just post your questions

Anyone here also a Hyperball owner? I'm looking to bounce a few questions off fellow owners if possible!

Offline motorhead9999

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:03:02 AM »
So i just picked up one from this forum , and I'm having two "major" issues with the machine.

1)The auger works, however, it won't run off the board. The previous owner had it rigged up so that power to the auger is spliced in with power to the machine. So basically, you turn the machine on, and the auger turns on with it, as opposed to when a game starts. My friend and i tried removing the mod and reconnecting as normal, but no luck. The games playable still, but it certainly isn't preferred to having the auger running during any power up time.

2) when the game boots, it always boots to the "3509 4" display. I can go in and adjust settings (such as changing to free play) and then play the game, but as soon as i either shut the machine off, or release the interlock switch in the coin door mech, all settings revert to how they were and i have to repeat the cycle. The manual states that this is either a low battery issue (which it isn't, since i have brand new batteries in there) or to try power cycling, which I've done to no success.

Any ideas?

Offline Doublekick

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
1. Pull a schematic and trace where the power goes
There's a short I would have to pull my book out

2. Has the 40 pin connector been replaced??
If not it needs to be replaced it causes a lot
Of weird stuff sometimes
(It connects the CPU and driver board)
Is there batteries on the CPU?? If so change them
Last thing that could cause this issue
Is the roms

Just some ideas

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 03:10:08 PM »
Check the fuse "F1" on the power switching board. It's a 3A slo-blow. If it's good and everything is connected how it should be, you may have a bad driving components on the board.
For the start up issue, toggle the on/off switch real quick and see if it boots up without that code. Try it a couple of times. If no good, you may have a bad 5101.
P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline motorhead9999

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:46:20 AM »
Haven't had a chance to track down the auger issue yet.

On the 3509 04 issue:

1)Flipping the power back and forth didn't fix it.
2)Fuse 1 on that board that Marcel mentioned had continuity, so I assume it's good.
3)The previous owner was using a battery pack connected to TP9 and ground on the CPU board to power it. I did notice that putting my multimeter to TP9 (+5V) and TP10(ground) did not trigger continuity. (As a relative electronics noob, when open, my multimeter displays '1' and and with continuity, displays 0 (and goes from 999 to 001 in between). When I touch those two points, it only reads about '250' or so, so it seems like I've got some issue with the connection on those points.
4)As far as I know, the 40 pins haven't been changed out at all. Is there a good way to test whether the connection is bad?

Offline DaytonaLarry

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »
Mike,

The 40 pin connector has never been changed but solder was reflowed when I first got the game running in 2012.  As far as the error code on the display goes, it is related to the batteries.  If you have the batter holder hooked in as I did, it should boot up just fine.  Remember that I had the red (+) and green (ground) labeled on the board opposite of what they should be  Please let me know if you have any more problems with that issue.

As far as the motor control issue goes, do you not have 125 volts coming off that connector I showed you when the game is in play?  If not, there must be some issue with the switch Triac or transistor, switching it on.  I need to look at the schematic again to refamiliarize myself with it.  I really thought that replacing the board that controlled the motor and shooter would fix the motor control problem.   

Best Regards,
Larry Parkerson

Offline DaytonaLarry

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
Mike,

I want to see your game running properly just as much as you do.  Please call me with any questions:  904-422-5360

Best Regards,
Larry Parkerson