Author Topic: Star Wars Day / Star Wars Games  (Read 83 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
Star Wars Day / Star Wars Games
« on: May 04, 2017, 05:28:48 PM »
So since it's "Star Wars Day" today (May the 4th - uhg...) Steam, and GoG and Humble Bundle (and no doubt a ton of other places) have Star Wars games on Sale.

Steam has them for "up to 77% off!" - because 1977! Get it? Get it? Sigh...

Anyway I noticed they had the "Complete Star Wars Bundle" for $8.81 - that seems awfully cheap. Turns out it's because I already own 21 of the 24 games. The ones I'm missing are Star Wars: Starfighter ("Spinning is a good trick, right!?!"), the game based on the Clone Wars Cartoon, and Lego Star Wars III (also based on the cartoon). So yah, I'm good there. Don't need those... at all.

One notable Star Wars game I'd like to play, but can't, is Obi Wan. It was an original XBOX exclusive, doesn't seem to have gotten a PC release (a true XBOX exclusive, kind of amazing) and isn't backwards compatible on the X360 (that one and Dragon's Lair are the only 2 I've come across personally). I no longer have an original XBOX either so... oh well.

Online number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
Re: Star Wars Day / Star Wars Games
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.. but yeah was pretty much in the same boat. I looked at the list and saw a few games I wanted but checked my Humble Bundle account and yep.. go them already during the last sale. It sucks they took out the app integration to '1-click' add humble bundle games.. since you have to manually enter in each key i've got a huge backlog of games to grab.

I did get Rebel Assault 1+2 for $4. I still have my original Rebel Assault CD-ROM somewhere but for $2 its worth having it preconfigured in DOSBOX, etc. etc.

As for Obi Won, i never played that i don't think.. Original XBOX is well worth having for the emulation alone.