Author Topic: Sorry James Comey - You're Fired!  (Read 1628 times)

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Sorry James Comey - You're Fired!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »
I dont like Pence.  I think Ryan is spineless.  I would rather have either of them as POTUS by a factor of 100.

The media has played both ways for as long as I can remember.  Kenneth Starr seemed to spend an eternity and a whole lot of money to prove a BJ happened.  Hillary has been under scandal microscope for YEARS.

As an aside, I was at Florida State commencement 2 weeks ago.  The speaker was light, envigorating, funny and elicited hope for a great future (gf even teared up).  I watched clips of Trumps commencement to Coast Gaurd, and was disgusted as to how he made a commencement speech about him.  He's done it at prayer dinners, in front of a CIA memorial... every chance he can get.   At some point, perhaps people will realize it is not about THE PEOPLE, it is about TRUMP.
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 12:37:37 AM »
This is an agenda in search of a scandal.

Are you denying events of questionable ethics have been happening?  It's really simple: Trump holds public office in a democratic republic, the most highly visible and most influential position in the world.  As such wouldn't it be fallacy to assert that each move he makes won't be, or shouldn't be, scrutinized?
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »
Since this thread has touched on media bias, i thought i would post this study:
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

The general summary is that an overwhelmingly large amount of Trump stories are being reported with a negative spin.  Much more than his predecessors.  It got me thinking of an example.

Lets say GF and I come home to find the dog took a big dump on the carpet.  My comments are "that damn dog, destroying the house, gawd that stinks."  My girlfriends comments are "look at how big and well-formed that dump is!  Solid through-and-through.  He is a really healthy dog!" 

One story presents a positive spin, the other a negative spin.

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24:38 PM »

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 07:31:38 AM »
At least we now know where that extra belly-girth is coming from.  The article would have been a bit more rounded if it discussed Milania throwing up the meal afterwards to keep her weight down.

Offline k7

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »
...my comments are "that damn dog, destroying the house, gawd that stinks." 
my girlfriends comments are "look at how big and well-formed that dump is!  Solid through-and-through.  He is a really healthy dog!" 

dump your girlfriend. she's weird. :)

been eating popcorn since trump was elected. it's been fun to watch.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu

Offline Baiter

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 10:01:39 PM »
Since this thread has touched on media bias, i thought i would post this study:
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

Interesting study.  It is true most articles I see come across the wire as negative, perhaps too much.  When I see a big negative headline on one site, I first off cross-check with Fox News and if they have a negative article that generally confirms the issue.  If they don't, Fox News tends to post different points of view which is useful.  As supportive as Fox News is to Trump, remember they didn't start out that way, and even now can barely muster >50% positivity for him.  Why is this?

Simple: Trump came into office with a fact check rating that was as dismal as his current approval rating, which was coincidentally similar to his positive article rating from the combined news outlets.  It's that correlation that's the key to understanding the negativity in the press.  He hasn't helped to get positive press or polling numbers when most agenda items pushed so far favor big business over personal rights.
WTB: Defender, Embryon