Author Topic: looking for pics of twd with color led display  (Read 1011 times)

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
looking for pics of twd with color led display
« on: May 09, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
looking for a comparison.  i see lots of pics with lcd display but none with led display.

thanks
vids:   246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur),  robotron, joust w/jrok, centipede

pins:  Star Trek premmy, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem,  BM66 prem, GnR LE, jjp potc le, Woz, The Hobbit,  JP(stern), Godzilla premmy,  AIQ (prem), EHoH. LoTR, CCr, F-14

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ, BSD, Firepower, STTNG, TMNT prem, TWD, Gilligan

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: looking for pics of twd with color led display
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »
looking for a comparison.  i see lots of pics with lcd display but none with led display.

thanks

for the price (LED is only 25 bucks less, and stock always comes around), LCD is probably the best bet. I did LED in my family guy, but it's such a cartoonish pin, AND dots are the only option i run with colorDMDs anyways. smoothing, hi-def, upscaling, and whatever else...for my tastes, I just don't care.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline busa32927

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 07:14:34 PM »
i realized i could use my led display from another pin.  here are some quick photos and a video.  in the video the banding is from my phone and not the display.

hard comparison led vs lcd

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0k4do237el4pzqp/AABOwis9k0_qe2Z518A4-QQGa?dl=0

pins:  Star Trek premmy, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem,  BM66 prem, GnR LE, jjp potc le, Woz, The Hobbit,  JP(stern), Godzilla premmy,  AIQ (prem), EHoH. LoTR, CCr, F-14

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ, BSD, Firepower, STTNG, TMNT prem, TWD, Gilligan

Offline freakandgeek

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • The GameRoom Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
thanks

Be careful if you put yours in...somehow I got the wires wrong or something -- not even sure what I did wrong as not even my first color DMD install. The directions should be better honestly. I fried my CPU and took down my TWD for three weeks after I put mine in.

Good news is the ColorDMD guy got my board fixed.

I would send picts, but this experienced spooked me and just wasted a ton of my time. Not doing any more color DMDs. So just going with orange on mine.
http://GameRoomBlog.com
================================
Creature, WH20, Meteor, Fireball II, Godzilla, Rush, Foo Fighters

Offline busa32927

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
wow thats odd.  maybe u got the ribbon cable backwards sending voktage to the wrong place.  glad they fixed it for ya. 

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:40:47 AM »
The ColorDMD guys provide some of the best customer service in the hobby.
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)