Author Topic: car advice 2016 Honda civic  (Read 736 times)

Offline Harmony

• Level 8: Psi Corps
car advice 2016 Honda civic
« on: May 22, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »
well my wife and myself  got a car for her  back in December , i had cosigned  on it   before we knew how sick she was  she got a  2016 Honda civic 4 door  , well here i sit  6 months later and my wife has  passed  but have the 2nd car which i can not afford,   has any one had this unforinat event happen to them before ? i am looking to see what the right move is here, the car has  3300 miles on it  and is a nice car ,

my options i guess are

turn it in , they will sell it at auction and  i will still owe  lot of $ on a car i don't  own any more
or is it better bust to let them come and get it and then file bankruptcy

or  does any one  know better then me wha the correct move is at this point

thanks for your advice

Guns n' Roses

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: car advice 2016 Honda civic
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:29:45 PM »
sell it to carmax? pay the delta or sell your other car and keep it.

https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline Harmony

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:15:24 PM »
My other car is no better it's a 2016 Camry that I am upside down on also
Guns n' Roses

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:51:40 PM »
well my wife and myself  got a car for her  back in December , i had cosigned  on it   before we knew how sick she was  she got a  2016 Honda civic 4 door  , well here i sit  6 months later and my wife has  passed  but have the 2nd car which i can not afford,   has any one had this unforinat event happen to them before ? i am looking to see what the right move is here, the car has  3300 miles on it  and is a nice car ,

my options i guess are

turn it in , they will sell it at auction and  i will still owe  lot of $ on a car i don't  own any more
or is it better bust to let them come and get it and then file bankruptcy

or  does any one  know better then me wha the correct move is at this point

thanks for your advice

Being totally 100% serious here: Go to the library and get and read "The total money makeover" by Dave Ramsey. Do this ASAP, like tomorrow.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:39:16 AM »
offer up the Honda for "take over payments" and see if you can get some of your down payment in the deal. that's your best case to get out of a new car loan with the lowest cash loss.

auction will kill you, 2016 cars sell at almost 60% of retail sticker at auction...I know, I do those auctions. :P those cars go to the junkyard, buy-here, pay-here lots, or other resale avenues.

CarMax will be about 60% of retail, maybe better. they will keep that car on their lots, it won't auction off.

autobuy, don't bother. they don't like newer cars.

but a :new: civic will have more clout to the buying public. good luck.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.