Author Topic: Board Repairs  (Read 534 times)

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Board Repairs
« on: June 04, 2017, 04:02:10 PM »
I would like to say, thanks to everyone who asks me to do board repairs, I don't have an issue doing them, and I enjoy doing them, But please keep in mind, I can't FIX boards that are missing a large portion of chips. They need to be complete boards, otherwise they will sit on my bench for years before i can get time to look at..

Boards i currently do not fix:

Gottlieb Pinball ( Except boards that are also used in Arcade ), The only Exception to this rule is System 3 , and I would need the game.

New Games with Custom Packages ( Ie, Simpsons 4 Player ) , unless its something simple like "button X doesn't register"

I generally can fix anything else as long as it is complete , and doesn't have acid damage... , and doesn't have a metric ton of "Bodge wires" all over it.. I have fixed many boards with some bodge wires.  -- My Skill set is really TTL/CPU without any form of custom ic chips ( NAMCO Customs do not apply, as they can be generally swapped, so if you have extra boards ++ i do have a limit stock of custom IC chips , but since not all Namco Customs are available via 3rd party market, it maybe difficult to fix such boards )

My General rate is $80 a board + return shipping, Discounts for multiples of the same board. (ie, 4 Missile commands would most like be $150 for repair 3 boards, 4th being used as possible parts board,  )  ** I also take trades for other boards, etc  , I do offer "Free" board repair, more on that in a bit. "Basically, the same price that other board repair people list on there websites"

Here is the kicker:

I don't do FIFO method, its, Higher Incentive/Easier Fix first.. ( ie, a "lot" of boards that are fairly easy to fix  ) ...  Please also include your issues with your board, ie, "Game locks up , Has bad graphics" with the board, I had a board that i worked on couldn't find anything wrong with it, turns out it would "lock up" when player 2 hit start.

And thank you for allowing me to allow you to enjoy your game with dedicated hardware, I don't ask people to post "Hamster did an awesome job fixing xyz" But i am sure people can attest i put my heart into fixing boards for the Florida Arcade & Pinball Folks.

and the $$ is usually used to either support my fun hobby with more spare parts or tools or an organization i work with.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, OR2 Driver, OR.
past: pins: TWD, SF2, SW:EP1, RFM, T2, T3, LAH, JMn, DE:SW, Gtb:BH, MET, 24 vids:X

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • How many points is "TILT"?
Re: Board Repairs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »
Thanks for the details and the work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vids: Namco Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama
Pins: Eight Ball, Star Wars Premium (NIB)
Redemption: IceBall Alley Roller

Wishlist:
EM: Aztec, El Dorado, Jacks Open, Jolly Roger, Solar City(Target Alpha), Time Zone(Space Time)
DMD: AFM, ST Pro, STTNG, TAF

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline k7

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
+1. Bill fixed a dead sega large DMD for me years ago, and no one does that. :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          KingPin (yawn)
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu
          Wrath of Olympus...really...they only made 6?

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Suck it
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Just a general Thanks for being in the "business" of doing the work that most people cant/wont do any longer!
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica

Offline Centaur Brother

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
Hamster, I see on another post that you repair DMDs, I have an Avengers that has 5 or 6 lines in it now. Is this something you can repair?
Pins: Avengers Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, Game of Thrones Pro, Lord of the Rings
Valley Cougar Dart Machine, Bubble Hockey
"The Pin Cave" my game room

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:03:52 AM »
I can see hamster getting a website setup with work log posted!! hahaha
a worklog ticker posted in the lab..
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
Thanks for everything that you have ever fixed for me - the list is long (Sys 11 Boards, WPC Boards, Sound Board for Caveman, I'm sure I'm missing a few more).

You are the man sir!

Steve
MM
Give a hand to my band, Sexual Chocolate.