Author Topic: Gary Schutt  (Read 625 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Gary Schutt
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »

First off shout out to Wannatheater for posting that music video.. whenever I come across something like that I usually click around a few more songs just in case the artist is surprisingly good and I think that sums up Gary Schutt. When I found out he was local I checked out his event calendar and he was playing a bar not too far last Friday so we gave it a shot.

His normal bassist was at another gig so he was mostly doing covers but man he's good and the show was definitely many levels higher than you'd expect from a bar band. I've seen touring major rock acts who weren't anywhere near as good as these guys.

He does rock/hard rock/metal but his original stuff is well written and he plays virtually everything. I picked up a few of his albums and they didn't disappoint. Some of his stuff reminds me of Heart of Cygnus which is unfortunately now defunct.. He is apparently a big fan of Extreme which is probably my favorite band.

I'm always excited to find new music that I actually like. I really haven't been too fond of 98% of popular music since the mid-90s. To find a local artist thats putting out really great original stuff is really awesome.

Here's a few more videos:

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

Anyway he's based out of Tampa / St Pete but plays all over the state it appears. If you dig the music support him and hit up a show.. or check out some of his CDs.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/garyschuttmusic/

Offline beepnutz

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Gary Schutt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »
I'll check him out, sounds like someone that would play Terra Fermata in Stuart, my live local music 7 nights a week outside party place bar.
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
Re: Gary Schutt
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 02:48:59 AM »
Went to his website and checked out the video "Gonna Die Tryin" and got to say it's pretty impressive, especially with him playing all the instruments and singing as well. He should open for Tesla...