Author Topic: SOUTHERN FRIED  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Rasavage

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
SOUTHERN FRIED
« on: June 11, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »
For those of us who couldn't make it, I'd be interested in hearing what everyone thought were the highlights of the show. Thanks!
Pins: Batman 66, MMR, SWLE, TNA JP pre, GZ pre
Vids: Ms. Pac, TMNT (4 players), Galaga, Chewlix, Sega Blast City, Sammy Atomiswave SD

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: SOUTHERN FRIED
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »
Another great show by the guys from the ATL!!!

Vid highlights for me were Cloak & Dagger, Eyes, and Warlords cocktail.

Pin highlights for me were Houdini, a really clean and perfectly playing Harlem Globetrotters, and Aerosmith. I also heard really good things about Total Nuclear Annihilation, but I didn't get a chance to play it.

Came home with a new game - Wizard of Wor!

Steve
MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 06:32:59 PM »
That's pretty awesome.

I used to have a Warlords Cocktail but don't think i've ever seen a working cloak and dagger. Love seeing stuff like that at shows.

Offline deadlander

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »
Fun show as always.  Tournament was rough for me just missed the cut on classics and the main event. Julia however kicked ass in the ladies and charity tourney. Glad she saved the family's competitive pinball street credit.

Total annihilation is the first new game I have been excited about since AC/DC premium after I played it.  Can't wait to see how it unfolds. The music and sound system were incredible. Plays fast and furious and it's only a white wood.  It has the one more game factor big time.   Let's hope
Spooky does a good job of bringing this home project to the masses. This is what pinball needs not some ommage to 70 year old rock bands or 1960s tv shows.

Steve glad you enjoyed my Harlem your welcome to stop by and play it anytime!  Great show had a blast exhausted ready to get some rest at work this week!
Regards
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline DEXTER

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
Fun show as always.  Tournament was rough for me just missed the cut on classics and the main event. Julia however kicked ass in the ladies and charity tourney. Glad she saved the family's competitive pinball street credit.

Total annihilation is the first new game I have been excited about since AC/DC premium after I played it.  Can't wait to see how it unfolds. The music and sound system were incredible. Plays fast and furious and it's only a white wood.  It has the one more game factor big time.   Let's hope
Spooky does a good job of bringing this home project to the masses. This is what pinball needs not some ommage to 70 year old rock bands or 1960s tv shows.

Steve glad you enjoyed my Harlem your welcome to stop by and play it anytime!  Great show had a blast exhausted ready to get some rest at work this week!
Regards
Al

I was able to meet Scott Danesi who designed Total Annihilation at Pinball Life up in IL a few weeks ago. I saw the translite all lite up from across the warehouse and it really caught my eye. I'm glad to hear the game play was awesome as well.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
Talked with Scott at show. Very talented yet humble guy. With his technical
and musical ability perhaps the future of pinball is brighter. A young Steve Richie perhaps. One can hope....
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
Good times

Offline Shimoda

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
No, I'd say he's way better than SR, but then again I'm not the huge fan of SR :)
King Pin ('73 GTB), Paragon, Tommy, Flash Gordon, Strato Flite (holding for buddy), Barracora

Past: Big Ben, FACES, Joker Poker(stein), Silverball Mania, Doctor Who (x2), Embryon, BSD, WOZ, BC, Sinbad, TSPP, WH2O, Farfalla, Amazing Spider-Man, Diner, Funhouse, Space Invaders, F-14, Rollergames, BoP, Incredible Hulk,  Centaur, Top Score, ES, BK2K, Meteor, EBD-LE, Genie, Flash Gordon, Diner, Mata Hari, Doctor Who, Soccer, The Wiggler, Nine Ball

Offline CUJO

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 11:23:06 PM »
Anyone get a chance to play Houdini?
If so, thoughts?
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline deadlander

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 03:35:33 AM »
Pretty plays ok not great but it is pretty.... Not sure if its a winner... Kind of like all popadeux games form over function... However the trunk works better than areosmith...
Al

Offline Triggerfish

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 09:45:36 AM »
I got to play Houdini 5 or 6 times.  I was rather impressed by it.  The ball appearing and disappearing out of different holes, the curtain opening up for shots, the cannon, and the overall sound and look of the game were all winners.  I don't actually have anything negative to say about it aside from some of the shots seemed very hard.  That may have just been me though.  I liked it much better than Dialed In, and better than Aerosmith, but if I have the money to get that, I'd be buying a MMr first, then a WOZ.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »
Houdini was great. As mentioned, the shots are a little "tight" but I actually prefer that.

Gorgeous game.

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline ArcadeAction

• Level 6: Knight Industries
    • ArcadeMade.com
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »
I can still feel the lanyard on my neck. That always happens up to a couple days after shows... :-)

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »
i loved the show.  TNA was great sounds and video.  houdini was very pretty.  shots were tight.  kinda congested in the middle.  some stuff u can get only by chance.

vids had some unique games.  there was a williams shooter there.  kinda like buck rogers.  very neat.  DDR was a hit.  non stop play on those. 

i want a jubeat game.  was really fun.  the other rhythm game was great too.  the monster size kid version of ice cold beer was fun too.

Sky Skipper was a good vid. 
vids:   246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur),  robotron, joust w/jrok, centipede

pins:  Star Trek premmy, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem,  BM66 prem, GnR LE, jjp potc le, Woz, The Hobbit,  JP(stern), Godzilla premmy,  AIQ (prem), EHoH. LoTR, CCr, F-14

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ, BSD, Firepower, STTNG, TMNT prem, TWD, Gilligan