Author Topic: Mayweather - McGregor is actually happening  (Read 1658 times)

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Mayweather - McGregor is actually happening
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
It's gonna happen but... will it be a fight?
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline k7

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »
no. :P it will be a backpedal-and-avoid for 12 boring azz rounds, unless conor gets mad and throws a high kick. then epic. ;D

but honestly, conor can swing with 4 oz gloves, but he's way out of his element here with boxing gloves. but he did talk his way (and dana's) into some cash.

I could see this ending quick, though. conor gets winded from chasing and whiffing for 2 rounds, KO'd in the 3rd. he can't even get off the mat in an MMA contest.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:45:59 AM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline TheBatman

• (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:37:57 AM »
Mayweather is the biggest pussiest "boxer" I've ever seen (and I've seen A LOT of boxing matches). I don't consider what he does as boxing, or artful in any way... It's dinking and ducking and finding a pussy way to "technicallly" win a boxing match. IMO it's not staying with the true intention of the sport, but he does it well... Meaning he's good at being a defensive pussy boxer... And defends and scores enough points to win. He should win this one as well, since the other guy isn't even a boxer and will be forfeiting half of his MMA skills (no kicking) just to start with. It's another money grab that leaves boxing fans feeling robbed. Beware....This is not boxing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:40:26 AM by TheBatman »

Offline Centaur Brother

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »
McGregor needs to knock out Mayweather in the first 3 rounds, otherwise, he tires out and Mayweather KO's him. No way McGregor last 12 rounds. Either way, they both get a hugh payday.
The Pin Cave

"Keep On Flippin"

Offline Steve O

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
I haven't followed boxing since Tyson destroyed his opponents in the first round.  As was stated before, it seems that McGregor is at a disadvantage as he cannot use all his weapons.  He should be allowed to kick just like Andre the Giant was allowed to use his "wrestling" techniques against Chuck Wepner.   :)

http://youtu.be/h3EksOFtILs

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:59:49 AM »
Wow, I've never seen that footage but Wepner was a top contender, but it looks like he was fighting a grizzly bear and Andre would have destroyed him if he was allowed to hit him... and then it turned into a wrestling match, and I forgot "wrestling" is fake.

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base

Offline k7

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »
post the real talk video. so far, it's conor 2, mayweather 0 in smack talk. even when showtime cuts off conor's mic in the 1st conference...

I hope McGregor knocks this running fool out. wont' happen. but hoping it does. ;D

i'll post the entire fight free the day after (if you don't want to lose 100 bucks). :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAIBpxSWfQ

Offline BIT

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
Turned out to more of a fight than anyone anticipated... in my opinion at least.  I enjoyed watching it.
Vids: Gauntlet I/II
Pins: Avengers LE Hulk, GOT Pro, Mando Premium

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 11:31:22 PM »
mayweather toyed with McGregor, but man...did the irish man land a nice uppercut in round 1. :)

not that the outcome would be any different, but the ref was an idiot for not giving a standing 8 count.

and as usual, the worst judges in the world get hired to judge boxing:
McGregor had the 1st 3 rounds, and probably round 7. 1 judge gave him 1 round, and the other 2 gave him 2 rounds. >:(

the undercard was better. like most MMA events. :)

https://rutube.ru/video/e540c2a4295380022db09e20907cdfdb/?ref=search

mayweather wiffed on every shot except 1 after conor was knocked backwards. ref stopped the fight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:33:45 PM by k7 »

Offline TheBatman

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »
So many people were bitching about the ref, and crappy call, and he should have let him continue, blah blah blah. Obviously most of those people have never followed boxing that closely, since this kind of crap has been going on since the beginning of boxing, including and biased scoring by the judges. I'm surprised nobody even thought of the conspiracy theory that there's a good possibility Mayweather could have just paid somebody a million dollars as well, if not all of them. What I always say: in boxing, the only sure way to get the decision is to knock the other guy out, otherwise it's a 50-50 shot.

All that being said as much as I wanted McGregor to win, I think it was the right call. It's better to err on the side of safety rather than let somebody get killed again and the ring which they discovered years ago.  Not that Mayweather could ever kill a fly, but you get the point. It looks like McGregor was exhausted at that point and was just going to get pummeled more and more, so even if they allow that in the MMA... Hopefully the judgement calls in the boxing ring support a little more common sense, hard to argue too much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:21:38 AM by TheBatman »

Offline BIT

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
Well said Jeff.  At the time, I was disappointed they stopped it.  However, I like that it was a night of fairly entertaining and safe fights.  No bloody faces or busted noses.  Not that those things are terrible, but I think the sport attracts more fans with good clean fights.  (Hammer fists to the back of the head aside).  Parents are so worried about concussions these days, that any contact sport seems to be endangered.

McGregor did his sport a solid.  He stood toe to toe with one of the best just using their two fists.  Unfortunately, he'd never fought more than 25 minutes, so I think his internal pacing clock wasn't calibrated for those late rounds.  He was spent.

The fight just before the main one was fun.  That American kid was quick as all getout.  A shame how it ended, but a lot of fun to watch!
Vids: Gauntlet I/II
Pins: Avengers LE Hulk, GOT Pro, Mando Premium