Author Topic: TBPL 7/16 @ LOWRY PARCADE  (Read 1406 times)

Offline jbeam

• Level 3: Hologram
TBPL 7/16 @ LOWRY PARCADE
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »
Tournament Date: July 16, 2017

Doors open at 2pm. There will be a $20 flat entry. Unlimited qualifying from 2pm-6pm on a bank of five. 1st place on each game will receive 100pts, 2nd 90pts 3rd 85, 4th 84, 5th 83, etc. Your top four games will count towards your rank.Top 8 will advance to finals. Finals will consist of three sets of four player games, wherein 1st place will get 4pts, 2nd 2pts, 3rd 1pt, 4th 0pts. Two players will be eliminated after each set, and then there will be another round of 4P games with the last four. A one game tie breaker will be used if needed.

Half of the proceeds coming into the tournament will go to Project Pinball, and the other half will be paid out to the top three. There will be some prizes awarded, including a bar tab, project pinball shirts, translites, bracelets, other pinball swag, etc. The games in the tournament will be set to free play.

If it sounds complicated, trust me, once I explain everything in person you will understand. We will be using Karl's software, so you will be able to track your performance and aim to improve scores where needed.

Lowry Parcade
1213 West Waters Avenue
Tampa, FL
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:26:46 PM by owlnonymous »

Offline owlnonymous

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
Re: TBPL 7/16 @ LOWRY PARCADE
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
Updated to reflect that this is a fundraiser for Project Pinball. I apologize for the lack of communication on this tournament.

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/188544541679455/
IFPA Page: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=19849# (information on IFPA page will be updated to reflect above)

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline owlnonymous

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »
A few concerns were expressed, so I have decided to take the entry down to $20 (the normal price attending a TBPL meetup), and having the pot pay 50% out to the top three, with the other 50% going to Project Pinball. Sorry for the late change, and I hope to see a lot of you guys out. See you tomorrow!

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline Cigboat

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
I hope we see a good turnout at Lowry Parcade it's a fun place and good craft beer. I hope to see a lot of the normal TBPL members air plus more...... where the hell have the beam family been? You need to get out there and check this place out.

Offline Patrick_O

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:09:51 PM »
Fantastic tournament. Thanks to Patrick for running it and Robert for hosting it at the Lowry Parcade. Project pinball is a great charity and it was good to see Dan Spolar himself who showed up for the tournament.
Congratulations to Jason Werdrick who won the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pins: GZ Prem, DP pro, Rush Pro, Sopranos, Metallica Pro, Baywatch, Stargate, Jungle Lord, Big Game, EBD LE, Harlem Globetrotters, Bally Strikes and Spares

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »
I had a great time also, Big thanks to Owl for setting this up and supporting a great charity. The venue exceeded all expectations and was very festive. If your in the area check Lowry Parcade out, it has something for everyone.

Thanks to Robert for providing food and prizes. And congratulations to Jason for coming in and ramping up the competition. Nice run for Denise and Jim Beam coming in under the cut to put up a impressive run in the finals. Can't wait for the next one!

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 09:48:42 PM »
Good job everyone!

Also, I think Jim Beam answered Scott's question ;)
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend