Author Topic: Star Wars streaming  (Read 911 times)

Offline FLPINBALL

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Star Wars streaming
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »
in all humble questions, what does that mean? isn't the latest code always up on stern's site, and earlier good code on emuparadise? it does bother me they don't keep older code on stern's site, but at least, it is all stored somewhere online.

and an SD card should run about 5 bucks. i dont' own any newish sterns...they do SD cards instead of USB for updates now? :)

Check out Pinside. Games are being delivered without a fully functional SD card. You can't play the game.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
Check out Pinside. Games are being delivered without a fully functional SD card. You can't play the game.

no. too much drama over there. :P i believe you. but people jump on pinside crying before making a simple phone call. then free stern stuff ends up on eBay.

i know stern doesn't deliver good code on release day, but no code, no boot is laughable.

have to say, there's a lot of stop and wait in current form (dead flips video). but like all machines, no opinion until i put some games on one.

this game will make the next 2 release titles do poorly...lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:40:10 PM by k7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »
Whatever the drama... ant wait to get mine from Curly!

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »

Make that SOME games. Again this according to Pinside.

Offline Rasavage

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
Make that SOME games. Again this according to Pinside.

Who knows. Stern isn't always on the ball and pinside is full of posts about the sky falling, but one thing for sure is that Curly and LSOG will take care of you. Congrats on the incoming SW!
Pins: Pinbot, Batman 66, MMR, SWLE
Vids: Ms. Pac, TMNT (4 players)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
I had the DMD go out on my GB Pro.

I called Curly, he got me in touch with Stern.. in a week I had a new DMD at zero cost.

I can't complain.. and thats why i ordered local instead of out of state. At a NIB pin price point saving a few hundred on tax wasn't worth it versus having a local contact that will go to bat for you.

So anyway Stern has been pretty good to me and has stood behind their product. I've heard worse stories from the JJP side but i've never owned one.

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
Who knows. Stern isn't always on the ball and pinside is full of posts about the sky falling, but one thing for sure is that Curly and LSOG will take care of you. Congrats on the incoming SW!

That's very true on all points, Rick! And I would never blame the distributer for ANYTHING Stern did! Sure it's just an isolated case that got blown out of proportion on Pinside.  I can't wait for Star Wars to arrive from Curly!! :)

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
I had the DMD go out on my GB Pro.

I called Curly, he got me in touch with Stern.. in a week I had a new DMD at zero cost.

I can't complain.. and thats why i ordered local instead of out of state. At a NIB pin price point saving a few hundred on tax wasn't worth it versus having a local contact that will go to bat for you.

So anyway Stern has been pretty good to me and has stood behind their product. I've heard worse stories from the JJP side but i've never owned one.

With you there, bro!