Author Topic: Star Wars....and Curly in the house!!!  (Read 591 times)

Offline FLPINBALL

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Star Wars....and Curly in the house!!!
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
Star Wars Pro in the house!! Delivered in person by Curly himself! This game is amazing!! Will post pics,ASAP!

Offline FLPINBALL

Re: Star Wars....and Curly in the house!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:55 PM »
Great meeting King Jelly tonight as well!!

Offline gameover1173

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
Great bro
hopefully a better game then Aerosmith

Offline DEXTER

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
YES!

Offline SHOPOFGAMES

• Show Organizer
  • Little Shop of Games
    • www.littleshopofgames.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
Charlie,  it was so nice meeting you finally and your wonderful wife.  Hope this is a start of a great relationship.  Now put some games on that Star Wars.

Curly
Little Shop Of Games
Pinball Sales,
Parts, and Service
3635 Eagles Nest Rd
Fruitland Park FL 34731
561-248-9628
www.littleshopofgames.com

Offline King Jelly

• 24 Hour Distribution : Music | Video | Ringtones
    • 24 Hour Distribution - Music | Video | Ringtones
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Great meeting King Jelly tonight as well!!
Charlie,

Great to finally meet you and your wife. Thanks for the tour of your supreme collection of machines!

Star Wars plays so well and the play field is amazing with mirror blades! Hope you had the best Friday night in years, and looking forward to seeing how you embellish the game with your own creative touches.

May the force be with you Bro!

Marshall
24 HOUR ARCADE (v170718)
PINS: Breakshot, The Walking Dead Premium, Hardbody, Harley Davidson, Road Show, Target Alpha, Space Station, The Addams Family, Pirates of the Caribbean, Revenge From Mars, Junk Yard, Elektra, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Black Rose, Johnny Mnemonic, Black Knight 2000, Metallica Pro (Refinery Ed. #6), Dungeons & Dragons, Jurassic Park #3, Expo, Swords of Fury, Fish Tales, Jurassic Park #1, Star Wars Episode 1 / Revenge From Mars combo, World Cup Soccer, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Demolition Man, Whirlwind, Twilight Zone, Fireball II, Suspense, Indiana Jones WMS

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
Charlie,  it was so nice meeting you finally and your wonderful wife.  Hope this is a start of a great relationship.  Now put some games on that Star Wars.

Curly

Same here bro! Thank you for everthing!! Could not be more pleased!

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »
Charlie,

Great to finally meet you and your wife. Thanks for the tour of your supreme collection of machines!

Star Wars plays so well and the play field is amazing with mirror blades! Hope you had the best Friday night in years, and looking forward to seeing how you embellish the game with your own creative touches.

May the force be with you Bro!

Marshall

Thank you Marshall!! A great Friday night indeed! (Yes those Mirror Blades are an excellent touch!!!)

Offline Rasavage

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:59:09 PM »
Congrats, Charlie! What do you think of the game?
Pins: Pinbot, Batman 66, MMR
Vids: Ms. Pac, TMNT (4 players)

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »
Congrats, Charlie! What do you think of the game?

Bro, keep in mind I am still in the "honeymoon phase". With that understanding I am digging it so far!! Game is fast. I am talking Iron Man, Tomcat F-14, Johnny M f-ing fast. So with that....

Cab Art: looks much better in person than it does in pics or videos. I mean much, much better. Although I guess you could make that argument about any game for the sake of fairness.

Playfield: see above. Plus the best lighting Pro I have ever owned(and trust me I have owned everyone you can think of)

Sound: IMO the best sounding Stern to date. Not even close. Yes includes AC/DC Premium or AS both of which I have owned.

HD backbox screen: images are as crisp and clean as you could ever imagine. A step above Areosmith (which again I have owned). 

Code: impressive right out of the box. Updated from .83 to .84 already. Multiple enhancements already.

Playfield: big white elephant in the room so let's get that out of the way. " Playfield is sparse" is the commen and justified call out.  I totally get that from the pics and videos that you have seen. It is AFMish sparse. (To clear I would not and am not comparing a legend like AMF(which I also own) to this new kid on the block.) But none the less...after you get some time on the game you will see that it actually works more than you might think from seeing the pics. Bottom line this game reminds me very much like Iron Man(albeit with out the War Mongor) and AC/DC with out the cool bell. It is fun!!!!!

My suggestion...this is a classic example of playing the game before you make up your mind. You might be pleasantly surprised like I currently am. Liking this game much more than any recent Stern pro I have owned(GB, AS, or (GOT...which actually has some similarities). 

This game is a blast!!!!!!! Is stunnng looking and sounding in every way!!!

has some similarities).

Offline DEXTER

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 06:46:02 PM »
Bro, keep in mind I am still in the "honeymoon phase". With that understanding I am digging it so far!! Game is fast. I am talking Iron Man, Tomcat F-14, Johnny M f-ing fast. So with that....

Cab Art: looks much better in person than it does in pics or videos. I mean much, much better. Although I guess you could make that argument about any game for the sake of fairness.

Playfield: see above. Plus the best lighting Pro I have ever owned(and trust me I have owned everyone you can think of)

Sound: IMO the best sounding Stern to date. Not even close. Yes includes AC/DC Premium or AS both of which I have owned.

HD backbox screen: images are as crisp and clean as you could ever imagine. A step above Areosmith (which again I have owned). 

Code: impressive right out of the box. Updated from .83 to .84 already. Multiple enhancements already.

Playfield: big white elephant in the room so let's get that out of the way. " Playfield is sparse" is the commen and justified call out.  I totally get that from the pics and videos that you have seen. It is AFMish sparse. (To clear I would not and am not comparing a legend like AMF(which I also own) to this new kid on the block.) But none the less...after you get some time on the game you will see that it actually works more than you might think from seeing the pics. Bottom line this game reminds me very much like Iron Man(albeit with out the War Mongor) and AC/DC with out the cool bell. It is fun!!!!!

My suggestion...this is a classic example of playing the game before you make up your mind. You might be pleasantly surprised like I currently am. Liking this game much more than any recent Stern pro I have owned(GB, AS, or (GOT...which actually has some similarities). 

This game is a blast!!!!!!! Is stunnng looking and sounding in every way!!!

has some similarities).

Great review Charlie.

Offline kawikid

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
Seeing someone this happy over the pro makes me even more excited to get my le!!! Enjoy it more Charlie and keep us posted yo any more updates, I know I have at least 2 or 3 more weeks till I'll see mine 😀
Pins-  AC/DC PREM, METEOR, MONSTER BASH, FLIGHT 2000 , TEAM ONE, CAPTAIN CARD, SPACE SHUTTLE, ATTACK FROM MARS, ABRA, 2001, ATLANTIS, BON VOYAGE, TARGET POOL, JACKS OPEN, KINGS AND QUEENS,  POP A CARD, BANK A BALL, PIN BOT, SWORDS OF FURY, JOKER POKER, STARS, GAME OF THRONES, KISS.

Offline Pchdetc

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 01:16:08 PM »
Congrats Charlie!! I got to play 1 round on the SW Pro sunday @ Curlys. You are correct on the speed of the playfield IT IS FAST!! I love my IMVE due to the speed. STERN did a great job on this. Ill be getting my SW Premium hopefully in August sometime and cant wait.

Two great Authorized Stern distributors in the state of Florida. Thanks Curly @ Little Shop of Games and Randy @GotPinball  for your continue support on the latest Stern titles.

:)
Owned: Alot :-)

Sold: Alot :-)

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »
Great review Charlie.

Thanks Ryan! Hope all is well!

Offline FLPINBALL

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 02:28:34 PM »
Seeing someone this happy over the pro makes me even more excited to get my le!!! Enjoy it more Charlie and keep us posted yo any more updates, I know I have at least 2 or 3 more weeks till I'll see mine 😀

Outstanding on that LE bro!! You and Sepins are two lucky guys waiting for delivery! Hear they are on the line now. Won't be long!!!!