Author Topic: Any good arcades in the Jacksonville area?  (Read 159 times)

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 2: Villager
Any good arcades in the Jacksonville area?
« on: July 14, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »
Does anybody know of any good arcades in the JAX area that are open to the public? I've been to Adventure Landing and D&B's and wasn't too fond of their game collections. The pickings on Yelp are a little slim.

I found the small hidden gem in the small back room of a The Video Game Rescue (~8 pins and ~15 or so 80's/90's vids), but I was wondering if anyone else knew of others.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:15:04 PM by scarabaeus »
Gentleman, that brings me to my next point: Don't... Smoke... Crack.

Vids: Cruis'n USA, Raiden/Raiden II, Metal Slug, Maximum Force, Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road, Street Fighter II' CE (Conversion)
Pins: None :'(
Wishlist: Jurassic Park

Offline Triggerfish

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Any good arcades in the Jacksonville area?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »
Video Game Rescue is your best bet for a group of pins.  There are a few machines around in various other places, but that is the best in one area.  If you are willing to drive a bit from JAX, you can hit up Anastasia lanes in St. Augustine, Fernadina beach pinball museum, or The Arcade Bar in Gainesville.  All are about an hour away more or less.

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »
Video Game Rescue is your best bet for a group of pins.  There are a few machines around in various other places, but that is the best in one area.  If you are willing to drive a bit from JAX, you can hit up Anastasia lanes in St. Augustine, Fernadina beach pinball museum, or The Arcade Bar in Gainesville.  All are about an hour away more or less.

Great tip on the Fernandina Beach Pinball Museum! Didn't know that existed.

Also just found the JAX pinball map (http://pinballmap.com/jacksonville), although I'm not sure how up-to-date it is.
Gentleman, that brings me to my next point: Don't... Smoke... Crack.

Vids: Cruis'n USA, Raiden/Raiden II, Metal Slug, Maximum Force, Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road, Street Fighter II' CE (Conversion)
Pins: None :'(
Wishlist: Jurassic Park

Offline Ghostcri

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
Does anybody know of any good arcades in the JAX area that are open to the public? I've been to Adventure Landing and D&B's and wasn't too fond of their game collections. The pickings on Yelp are a little slim.

I found the small hidden gem in the small back room of a The Video Game Rescue (~8 pins and ~15 or so 80's/90's vids), but I was wondering if anyone else knew of others.

Chicago Pizza at Jacksonville Landing. MK2, both TMNT games, Tekken Tag, SSF2, Simpsons, Crazy Taxi, Marvel Vs SF, Double Donkey Kong, Popeye, Mario and Super Mario, PAC and more. There is also a game bar in the back with consoles and pcs that is really nice. SF2 and TMNT pins as well. Eat pizza and play games!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:25:56 PM by Ghostcri »

Offline Steve O

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
Last time I went to Wing It on Old St. Augustine Rd. they had a Golden Eye pin and some arcade games.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »
Eat pizza and play games!

Don't undersell the pizza, my friend. The pizza is the best in town by a landslide.

Go for the pizza - play some games while you are there.

Steve
MM
I want my two dollars!