Author Topic: Trent Augenstein was Player of the Month for March 2017?  (Read 975 times)

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Trent Augenstein was Player of the Month for March 2017?
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
https://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpas-player-of-the-monthbiggest-movers-for-march-june-2017/

Trent Augenstein was Player of the Month for March 2017? Hilarious. I guess nearly sweeping the IFPA national championship wasn't enough for Eric Stone. (I guess there was no political influence there, huh?)

In other news, our favorite son now actually appears on the IFPA home page at #24 worldwide. Astounding!

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
Re: Trent Augenstein was Player of the Month for March 2017?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »
Player of the month is based solely on the person who got the most points in a given month.  There is no judgment or favoritism inherent in that metric, other than favoring those who attend the most tournaments and play well.  If they made the award based on judgment, then my prediction is that it would be a mess and political crap every month.

Offline NormaJ

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the insight, and duly noted. Seems unfair, though. When you win the national championship, I think that should count for something. Oh well.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
I'm sure you recall that Eric did receive nice front page articles on IFPAs site when he won the Nationals and Flipping with the Greats. He is getting coverage.

As Ron said, Player of the Month is simply based on WPPR points earned in a month.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend