Author Topic: Dont't leave pinball parts in your cart at WalMart!  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Dont't leave pinball parts in your cart at WalMart!
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
so I get up at 5:15 this morning so I can do a walmart run without putting up with a shitload of people. I take along the collar to my KING OF DIAMONDS because I want to match the yellow in a krylon spray. I use Krylon for the "colors" and I have a custom liquid for the base paints when I do these restorations.
 So I pick up some brushes, sandpaper, some hot dag rollers etc and some yellow krylon spray paint for the game. I also grabbed a couple of things for my dawg and out I go.
 I get home, bring everything in and realize Ive left the collar in the freaking cart out in the parking lot!!!!! I get back in the truck, make tracks back to wally world. go where I left my cart and its gone! So I go check the lined up carts outside, not there. Talk to the guy bringing the carts in from the lot and he hasn't seen the collar. so in the store I go. I wander around the food part and realize there is just too many people so I go up and wait by the 5 registers that are going and Im walking around checking out everyone's cart. and then some fella has a cart and there it is! SO I retrieve it, have to explain it to the guy cuz he's wondering what's up so I do that and come back home a happy camper.
MoraL of the story DONT leave you stuff in the cart in the parking lot. jeesh! how dumb can ya get!
 and that's my story and Im sticking to it.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: Dont't leave pinball parts in your cart at WalMart!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Weeze!  That was a close call, but at least you found the part in the end!  :P  I've had to visit the Wal-Mart "Lost and Found" a couple of times to retrieve forgotten items.  My wife left an expensive pair of sunglasses in the cart and went all the way home.  Fortunately, I went to the Lost and Found and retrieved them for her.  Hero for another day!  ;D
Past Pins (all Gottlieb EM's): Scuba, Mini Cycle, Out of Sight, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Royal Flush, Pioneer, Jet Spin, Jungle, Mustang, Bronco, Fun Land, Paul Bunyan, 300

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: 2001, El Dorado, Atlantis, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek, Black Sheep Squadron

Offline DK

• Account retired
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »
I've taken the head of a "Hit the Deck" to Home Depot before so I could match colors.
They looked at me like I was an alien

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 01:51:55 AM »
I've seen circumstances like this where someone saw something like this in a cart and freaked and thought it was a bomb, so the bomb squad came out and blew it up.   ;D  Glad you got your stuff back. 
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Offline Weeze

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:44:40 AM »
I mean its NOT like I couldnt find another collar, that's not the thing.
 yeah cruising around the wally mart with something foreighn to the store in your cart gets you mad looks!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
what the hell is a collar? :)

was your match sun yellow? that's a krylon color i have right here for pacman paint matching.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »
a "collar" is the rectangular piece that sits on the top of the main cabinet and has the head attached on top of it.
 I swear by Krylon for the "colors" , not the base. I know I am one shade off of PIMP on the white he uses for base. The liquid I roll on for base was mad eby taking the can of krylon in and having them match the shade only in a liquid enamel. hard as a rock!
then theres your "BANNER RED" and what is now called "TRUE BLUE", that one is a updated colr name. man I wish they wouldn't change names on their colors. thing is they don't change the color they just rename it. I just don't know why they do that, cant understand a advantage to it.
These are the colors ive come up with for Gottliebs.
YES , the match I came up was in fact "SUN". Ive already "tested it, sprayed some on the cabionet right over the existing and it matched, so that's great.
 love those Krylon spray paints!
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline k7

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »
krylon paints rule. f *<+  rust-oleum, that brand is garbage. :)

I always call that part the neck board in my mind (incorrectly)...lol, never heard it called a collar before (actually, never saw one come off that didn't get sawed off or eaten by termites). learn something new every day.

be proud that your king of diamonds is using phresh 1981 pacman yellow...lol.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
Now that Ive started with the paint, I have to say K7 that this yellow? well its been a bit disappointing. a little thin and a little runny. Now Ive used probably a dozen or more Krylon colors and have never had a complaint. Still swear by them. BUT , this yellow? maybe I got a bad can or something . Ive got a LOT of yellow on my current project too.
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline k7

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
swap the tip, I've gotten bad tips before. but probably a bad mix in that batch...I would hope. return/exchange it. :)

Offline Weeze

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
Ive used enuff Krylon that I should own stock in the company. never had a problem till this can. next part that gets yellow Ill change cans, lets hope that does it.
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.