Author Topic: Ms PacMan help  (Read 3831 times)

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Ms PacMan help
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 09:58:08 PM »
Yes
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Raven

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 07:08:33 PM »
I talked to Tony at Mikes Arcade and I do have the wrong CPU in my board.  I have ordered the correct CPU and it should be here Wednesday.

Offline k7

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
Are those chips the character chips?

yes. I've ran pacman plus chips in 5e and 5f, on a ms pacman populated PCB...the score doesn't change. but, if one's corrupt, who knows?

I've ran a lot of 5e, 5f swapped chips in stock ms pacman boards, and get some entertaining hybrid pacman games, and had a ms pacman playing with coke bottles in the middle during one of these rom swaps...so it's feasible.

I'd wait to get that z80 in before looking for 5E and 5F...and they should run you 10 bucks for both chips.

if the Z80 fixes the score and fruits, it will be one more note I'm going to write down on my end. :)

a wonky z80 shouldn't boot, though...normally.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:43:38 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Raven

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »

I'd wait to get that z80 in before looking for 5E and 5F...and they should run you 10 bucks for both chips.

if the Z80 fixes the score and fruits, it will be one more note I'm going to write down on my end. :)

a wonky z80 shouldn't boot, though...normally.

Yeah I haven't order the 5E and 5F roms yet. I am hoping the CPU fixes it.  I should know tomorrow afternoon.  I will let you guys know.

Offline Raven

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
So the new CPU didn't work. I re pulled every socketed chip and cleaned them deoxit.  Nothing changed.  Still the same with the high score, lives and fruit.  I guess the next step is to get new roms.  Where is a good place to get them?

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »
This is at the top of this posting, and he can either fix the board or make the roms for you. 

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=35773.0
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Raven

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Raven

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »
I guess the photos I was posting were not showing up for you all.  Here is all the photos I posted and they should post up now.

Offline k7

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:30 PM »
try 5e and 5f (controls the bonus rom characters, from what I've used... I slapped pacman plus roms in a working ms pacman board, iirc, and got the coke bonus "fruit"). unfortunately, I've swapped a truckload of roms on a pacman board, and I don't have a clue on which one does the high score and/or the fruit pictures. that's what you need. :)

riptor, on klov, is a pacman genius, if you get stuck. also, just for fun, see if anyone jumped wires on the back of the PCB.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 11:54:36 PM »
From the pix, it all looks original, Pac converted at factory to MP, doubt its been hacked. 

Offline Raven

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
riptor, on klov, is a pacman genius, if you get stuck. also, just for fun, see if anyone jumped wires on the back of the PCB.

Thanks for the info on klov. I have already posted over there and one guy thinks it might be the VRam addresser board.

There is no jumper wires on the back of the board.

Offline k7

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »
post in the other subforum, and see if a jax local will bring a parts board...you're just going to have to swap chips for a while to narrow this issue down, and it's going to suck to drop $8, $18, $24 dollars for a rom or daughter PCB every time you move up the flowchart. I'd do it if you happen to be in Boynton Beach, or want to ship your board to me.

not saying I can fix it though...have never had that strange of a glitch. but willing to swap every chip out at least and check sockets.

friend had a board where Pinky didn't follow the grid...at random, just that ghost would go through walls. now that's a glitch ;D and I want that board. ;)

Offline Raven

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
I might take you up on that offer. I will let you know as soon as I get the rom chips in from hamster.

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
Or you may just be throwing away money. Don't spend anymore on chips when you can get a working board for $80 all day long for this game. If you are just looking for the experience that is one thing but like K7 said $8, $18, $24 a couple of chips and you could have bought a working board. On some games it is a lot easier and cheaper just to replace unless you know what you are doing. There are a few people who if they had it in front of them they could have it up and running in almost no time for probably under $20 but if you aren't one of them and just start replacing components pretty soon you could have bought a new cabinet too.

Offline Raven

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 12:00:11 PM »
I got the board working with the VRam Address board. WooHoo!!! Thank you guys for all the help.  I appreciate it.