Author Topic: Picked up some new games  (Read 285 times)

Offline Raven

• Level 1: Arrival
Picked up some new games
« on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:02 PM »
Picked up a few games within the last few weeks. 

1942 on Aug 23rd  The Game does not work and the bottom of the cabinet needs to be rebuilt.  I know it needs a power supply and I was told the monitor was very dim.

Area 51 and Galaga cabinet on Sept 3rd.  Both games worked when I got them but the Area 51 seems to have a power issue and the red gun doesnt always sho0t.  I'm hoping its just the power supply. The cabinet is in pretty good shape. The Galaga cabinet has been converted to a 4-1 with Ms PacMan, Galaga, Frogger, and Donkey Kong and the cabinet is in poor shape.  Both games have the wiring all hacked up.

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: Picked up some new games
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:26:57 PM »
The 1942 in the Romstar cabinet is cool.

Nice pick-ups.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:27:55 AM »
super-1942-pacman.  :)

I hope the prices are/were good, there's a working 1943 down my way in a taito cabinet for $150 bucks.

leave galaga alone. you can 60in1 it for 50 bucks, or you can turn off the other 3 games and have it play like a dedicated galaga. but to wire it correctly and get a galaga 2-stack board will be a headache and probably run you 300 bucks.

nice to see classics back in the hands of someone who will care about them.

WTB:  Goin' Nuts
          Rock Star/Blue Note
          Jai Alai
          Strange World
          Road Runner
          Nosferatu

Offline Raven

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »
The 1942 in the Romstar cabinet is cool.

Nice pick-ups.

Thank you.

super-1942-pacman.  :)

I hope the prices are/were good, there's a working 1943 down my way in a taito cabinet for $150 bucks.

leave galaga alone. you can 60in1 it for 50 bucks, or you can turn off the other 3 games and have it play like a dedicated galaga. but to wire it correctly and get a galaga 2-stack board will be a headache and probably run you 300 bucks.

nice to see classics back in the hands of someone who will care about them.

That is the plan for the Galaga cabinet.

I haven't had a chance to do much with the games with all my other projects that I have going on. I did get a chance to order 2 power supplies last week and I put them in the Area 51 and the 1942.

The Area 51 seems to have fixed the rebooting issue that I started to get and the red gun now seems to be fixed as well. Only time will tell.

The PCB is very sensitive on what voltage it wants to have. On the PCB the is 3 LED lights. Power, high power, and low. I set the initial voltage on the power supply to 5.1v. This gave me a voltage reading of 4.8v on the board and the low power LED was light. As I turned up the voltage to 5v on the PCB the high power LED came and the game rebooted. I brought the voltage back down to 4.9v on the PCB and the game works.

As for the 1942 I temporary put in a switching power supply to test the PCB. I set my voltages to 5v on the PCB. However my 12v rail reads 14v. Will this be ok? That seems very high. The game seems to boot but the screen is frozen what looks like the score leader board. I will try to get a picture of it later today if I have time.

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
Cool projects!  8)  I like the theme of the 1942.  I picked one up a few years ago, but sold it before working on it.

Good luck with the projects!

Eric
1970 Gottlieb Scuba
1970 Gottlieb Mini Cycle
1974 Gottlieb Out of Sight
1974 Gottlieb Sky Jump
1975 Gottlieb Fast Draw
1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush (project)
1976 Gottlieb Pioneer
1977 Gottlieb Jet Spin

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: Spin Out, 2001, El Dorado, Tiger, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek

Offline Raven

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:32:36 PM »
Got home today and took the PCB out of the cabinet.  I removed all of the chips that were socketed and sprayed the with Deoxit.  Put the chips back.  I am still getting the same image as I was getting before.

Took the board back out and started looking at it and noticed this.  Bad trace.  What size wire should I use to fix it?

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline GATLIN63

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
Cool projects!  8)  I like the theme of the 1942.  I picked one up a few years ago, but sold it before working on it.

Good luck with the projects!

Eric
I ended up with that game very cool game Eric ended up selling it after I got it working.

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
I ended up with that game very cool game Eric ended up selling it after I got it working.

I remember that Rudy, I almost broke my back picking up that heavy monster by myself  :o  It's a nice old school theme. 
1970 Gottlieb Scuba
1970 Gottlieb Mini Cycle
1974 Gottlieb Out of Sight
1974 Gottlieb Sky Jump
1975 Gottlieb Fast Draw
1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush (project)
1976 Gottlieb Pioneer
1977 Gottlieb Jet Spin

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: Spin Out, 2001, El Dorado, Tiger, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek