Author Topic: Taking a knee....whats your take?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Seeburg220

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Taking a knee....whats your take?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 08:45:39 PM »

When President "bone spurs" Trump insinuated that POWs are inferior soldiers because they were captured, did you boycott him or did you vote for him?

Me specifically - I did not vote for him. Or Hillary.  They both sucked, imo.  I did a write-in vote.   When Trump chastised Sen. McCain for being shot down, is when I drew the line, and decided I would never vote for him.  Since then, he has proven to me on many occasions, that I made the right choice by not voting for him.  My conscience is clear.

Why do we hold athletes to a higher standard than the POTUS?   

I don't.  But, these athletes are public figures that are impressionable to a lot of kids.  Do we want to raise a whole bunch of kids, that show disregard or little respect for the flag ?  I don't.
Eight Ball Deluxe / Space Shuttle / Nugent / Spin Out / Night Rider EM / Charlie's Angels / Evel Knievel / Skylab / Jive Time / Air Aces / Rawhide / Gold Record / Asteroids / Orbit puck bowler / Seeburg 220 / Seeburg 201

Online WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
The irony lies in the fact that the folks up in arms about the kneeling are the same folks that shout the drunken "woohaaa" right before the closing words of the anthem....  C'mon... you've been to games.  You know what I'm talking about!

F' the NFL.  College ball is where its at.  Unless you are University of Florida, Michigan, Louisville,  Oklahoma or Utah..... tough weekend for the top 25.
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Offline sinistar71

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »
The irony lies in the fact that the folks up in arms about the kneeling are the same folks that shout the drunken "woohaaa" right before the closing words of the anthem....  C'mon... you've been to games.  You know what I'm talking about!

Ive never done that. Seems kind of uninformed  to say everyone who is " up in arms" are shouting drunks. And to say its " a fact".
Xenon-The Shadow- Fireball Classic- Pin*Bot- -T2-MetallicaPro- Whirlwind
Cosmic Alien, Centipede cabaret, MK1
Spectrum Dart Star-Claw machine
WTB: Silver Slugger-Satans Hollow

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 11:02:47 PM »
Just saw on CNN that VP Pence stood up and walked out of a Colts game after a bunch of players kneeled during  the anthem.

Makes sense for someone co-sponsoring an endless stream of anti-diversity policies.  Who is more "american", the guy protesting for equal treatment, or the guy writing laws which single out people of certain races and nationalities to exclude from this country?  The irony is so thick.

WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline kbvette

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »
               Lets round them SOB"S up and send them to "re-education camp".......now thats a concrete solution for an abstract issue !
Don't blame me,I voted with the Majority.

Online WannaTheater

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »
Ive never done that. Seems kind of uninformed  to say everyone who is " up in arms" are shouting drunks. And to say its " a fact".
Was just making light of a ridiculous situation.  Hopefully Trump can fix this and Make the NFL Great Again.
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Offline sinistar71

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
Hopefully somebody can fix Trump. :)
Or we might have a lot more than this to worry about.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:06:42 PM by sinistar71 »
Xenon-The Shadow- Fireball Classic- Pin*Bot- -T2-MetallicaPro- Whirlwind
Cosmic Alien, Centipede cabaret, MK1
Spectrum Dart Star-Claw machine
WTB: Silver Slugger-Satans Hollow

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 12:31:47 AM »
Turns out Trump told Pence to leave the game like that if players kneeled... which everyone knew was inevitable.  A protest of the protest?  At well over $100k of taxpayer expense?  The irony is thick.

The takeaway here is that Trump's bully style is extremely effective.  In a single weekend he was able to change a movement by a handful of people into a protest involving substantially more people, into a negative narrative about disrespecting their country, to the point where the NFL is considering making it mandatory to stand, and it's original leader stating he would not do it again.  That is very impressive.  It is the same technique he uses to keep the GOP in lockstep with his desires... any GOP member steps out of line he aims to destroy their political career so that no one else dares do the same.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 01:23:41 AM »
 That's because no one has truthfully gone after him for everything.  They've stayed within the allowed script.

The corrupt system in my opinion is exactly where it wants to be.  The divisive nature of everything, the richest benefiting no matter what, the continued wars, and the police state are all here to stay until the people wise up.

Trumps exactly where the powers-that-be want him too.
He's a trial balloon president and a preventative to any real populist independent or liberty minded outsider from ever getting in now.

Offline PinHobby

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #69 on: Today at 08:59:06 AM »
How about standing to show respect to the flag and anthem then immediately after take a knee to express your political view? Oops that wouldn't work, it may look like you are praying before the game.
The good news is that I have a few more hours on Sundays to enjoy my pins and I'm saving a bundle on trips to Raymond James Stadium. (Although I do miss those nice Cuban restaurants).

Wait I just thought of all the money I'm saving! Hotel room and that dreaded stop at Hyde Park Village. At this pace I'll be able to pay off a pin per season! Keep kneeling 👍
« Last Edit: Today at 11:19:42 AM by PinHobby »
Pins: ST PRO, STTNG, ST 25th Anniversary, Bally Star Trek, South Park, POTC, Monopoly, Black Rose, TWD Prem and MMR.

Waiting for Addams Family and Williams Indiana Jones remakes😁

Offline Steve O

« Reply #70 on: Today at 09:56:32 AM »
The Jaguars had a small crowd for Sunday's game with the Los Angeles Rams.  It's been reported that it is likely a backlash to the players taking a knee at the game in London and then standing for God Save the Queen.  Jacksonville is a military town with 2 Navy bases so that report is believable.  The NFL's recent edict that players "should" stand for the anthem really does nothing to change things.

Offline DEXTER

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #71 on: Today at 12:16:05 PM »
My buddy David Goggins had some great stuff to say about this on Fox and Friends this morning:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5617580377001/?#sp=show-clips