Author Topic: WINDOWS 10 Microsoft Edge VS YouTube  (Read 903 times)

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
WINDOWS 10 Microsoft Edge VS YouTube
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:41:17 AM »
I just love all the latest and greatest fuckups that Microsoft keeps adding to windows...after a hacked update last month, now apparently to watch a YouTube video, you must watch it using Explorer instead of being able to watch it in the regular new browser Microsoft Edge they push on Win10.  This on top of all the other upside down changes they made, might as well just start using/learning a Mac and forget about ever buying another computer using Winshit.  Is anyone else having issues?
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Re: WINDOWS 10 Microsoft Edge VS YouTube
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
oh yeah, I have
I got a "new" computer at xmas but had so much trouble with it i kept using my old windows 8 laptop till it finally gave up the ghost. now im on this 10 laptop that loses my info with yahoo and some other password sites I use. cannot get in to these sites altho it will recognize the emaill addy but refuse the password. then ive requested new passwords, recieved them , try to get in immediately and I still get rejected.
got one site ive been using for 20 years plus that wil tell me that my "session has timed out" everytime i try to get in
 it just plain sucks in my opinion
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »
I don't use edge for anything and only IE for very specific things like printer control panels that require Java.  It's Chrome all the way.

Offline 0geist0

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »
I don't use edge for anything and only IE for very specific things like printer control panels that require Java.  It's Chrome all the way.
Lately I'm having trouble with chrome, it freezes up once in awhile, nothing but the mouse works i can't even close the program.
Pins, Stern Star trek Pro. Stern Mandalorian Premium, Stern Godzilla Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
Edge is awful

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »

this. disable edge and default to chrome, I do that on 99% of customer machines.

I also forcefully turn off updates. Microsoft 10 updates do nothing but crash machines.

of course, Microsoft and the lagos scammers are my bread and butter.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline k7

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »
Lately I'm having trouble with chrome, it freezes up once in awhile, nothing but the mouse works i can't even close the program.

you always need to run at least 2 browsers. 1 will always fail on some website for some unknown reason.

and just reinstall chrome. something probably hijacked it...

you can also try firefox or opera as a backup if you want to skip the edge/IE options.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.