Author Topic: Nintendo Switch in stock on Amazon right now  (Read 395 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: Nintendo Switch in stock on Amazon right now
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Now I've got to figure out how to fake Amiibo scans, since I don't own any, don't plan to buy any and they get you extra loot/armor/horses/etc. in the game.

I've heard there are ways of doing it - guess I'll see if they sell the code generators on eBay cheap.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »
The Switch has been very available since launch. I can't imagine anyone that wanted one had too much of a problem getting one. I even saw used ones at Gamestop last week so there's definitely no secondary market gouging going on.

Not that i've super looked (or even want one) but still haven't seen a SNES Classic on shelves so that shortage is still real.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »
Now I've got to figure out how to fake Amiibo scans, since I don't own any, don't plan to buy any and they get you extra loot/armor/horses/etc. in the game.

I've heard there are ways of doing it - guess I'll see if they sell the code generators on eBay cheap.

Check the usual suspects.. there are nintendo specific RFID "multi-carts" out there that you can use to emulate whatever you want.

I have a few Amiibos but i just get the ones I like the figures on and stick them on the shelf.. I have no interest in opening them or trying to actually use them.

Online ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 11:49:56 PM »
I was thinking about hacks for the amiibos too. I've been playing Skyrim on the Switch and want the zelda gear.
No children were harmed during this forum posting.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »
After a brief investigation on the fake Amiibo thing, I'm probably not going to bother with it.

Looks like $30 to $60 for the hardware, and since I'm unlikely to use it on much beyond Breath of the Wild... 'eh, skip it.

Looks kind of complex too, do-able but a pain in the ass.

Been playing more of Breath of the Wild - it's kind of amazing how little the game holds your hand. Particularly for a Nintendo game, which have generally been more aimed at kids. This one though expects that you've both played some Zelda games and some other open-world games and that you can figure things out for yourself.

Early on the guide character wants you to mark 3 "shrines" you can see in the distance on your map. It's slightly confusing because there are maybe a couple way off in the distance that you can still see, but those aren't the ones he's talking about. Once you do it right though... nothing happens. He doesn't tell you "Yes, those are the ones" or anything else - you've just got to then go explore them, and once you've explored all of them, then progress continues.

Similarly you need to get an item to proceed into a cold-weather area - it's not too complex to get, but no map-markers, few hints... I'm not saying that's a bad thing, not at all, just surprising and unexpected. Similarly, you can also come across some enemies who can kill you in one-hit right in the starting area of the game.

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Suck it
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
You can use an old samsung phone and buy rfid stickers on ebay for like $.85 a sticker  I did this for the metroid amiibos.. I can write you the stickers all day long.. $2ea for me to do it for you.. I will order the stickers and write whatever amiiboo you want..

if you want me to print little cards for each $3 ;)
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab, SF2 Conversion Cab, 2 - Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' exotica