Author Topic: Nintendo Switch in stock on Amazon right now  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Nintendo Switch in stock on Amazon right now
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Now I've got to figure out how to fake Amiibo scans, since I don't own any, don't plan to buy any and they get you extra loot/armor/horses/etc. in the game.

I've heard there are ways of doing it - guess I'll see if they sell the code generators on eBay cheap.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »
The Switch has been very available since launch. I can't imagine anyone that wanted one had too much of a problem getting one. I even saw used ones at Gamestop last week so there's definitely no secondary market gouging going on.

Not that i've super looked (or even want one) but still haven't seen a SNES Classic on shelves so that shortage is still real.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »
Now I've got to figure out how to fake Amiibo scans, since I don't own any, don't plan to buy any and they get you extra loot/armor/horses/etc. in the game.

I've heard there are ways of doing it - guess I'll see if they sell the code generators on eBay cheap.

Check the usual suspects.. there are nintendo specific RFID "multi-carts" out there that you can use to emulate whatever you want.

I have a few Amiibos but i just get the ones I like the figures on and stick them on the shelf.. I have no interest in opening them or trying to actually use them.

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 11:49:56 PM »
I was thinking about hacks for the amiibos too. I've been playing Skyrim on the Switch and want the zelda gear.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »
After a brief investigation on the fake Amiibo thing, I'm probably not going to bother with it.

Looks like $30 to $60 for the hardware, and since I'm unlikely to use it on much beyond Breath of the Wild... 'eh, skip it.

Looks kind of complex too, do-able but a pain in the ass.

Been playing more of Breath of the Wild - it's kind of amazing how little the game holds your hand. Particularly for a Nintendo game, which have generally been more aimed at kids. This one though expects that you've both played some Zelda games and some other open-world games and that you can figure things out for yourself.

Early on the guide character wants you to mark 3 "shrines" you can see in the distance on your map. It's slightly confusing because there are maybe a couple way off in the distance that you can still see, but those aren't the ones he's talking about. Once you do it right though... nothing happens. He doesn't tell you "Yes, those are the ones" or anything else - you've just got to then go explore them, and once you've explored all of them, then progress continues.

Similarly you need to get an item to proceed into a cold-weather area - it's not too complex to get, but no map-markers, few hints... I'm not saying that's a bad thing, not at all, just surprising and unexpected. Similarly, you can also come across some enemies who can kill you in one-hit right in the starting area of the game.

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Suck it
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
You can use an old samsung phone and buy rfid stickers on ebay for like $.85 a sticker  I did this for the metroid amiibos.. I can write you the stickers all day long.. $2ea for me to do it for you.. I will order the stickers and write whatever amiiboo you want..

if you want me to print little cards for each $3 ;)
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, SF2: CE, SF: The MovieNSM hyperbeam 100 disc Jukebox,

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »
So Breath of the Wild... I spent, I dunno, 40, maybe even 60 hours (the game-save files don't seem to give a count) playing it and was really enjoying it.

Then I got to the point where I'd had enough exploration and just general messing around and wanted to finish up the game, complete the main quest, etc.

In a game like Fallout or Skyrim I'd already be high-level by that point, and have a ton of loot, have completed many side-quests, etc. - basically just breeze through the story.

BotW doesn't have a traditional leveling system though - killing enemies doesn't get you XP - only the "shrines" really count.

Now, I had been doing the shrines along the way, so no problem there, I think I've done about half the total - 62 or so - but I put most points in to stamina, because that makes climbing and exploration easier. Only a few into hearts.

Then I found out you need like 13 hearts to get the "Master Sword" (or this game's version of it). I've got 9 or 10 hearts at this point, and it's 4 shrines per heart. Tedious.

In addition to that there are the "Divine Beasts" - I did the first one I came across, the elephant, and found that to be kind of tedious and boring too. It's like a super-shrine, where you have to solve a bunch of puzzles in row, and find a bunch of hidden chests. The shrines are fine because they take about 5 minutes each, maybe 15 minutes if you get stuck on a hard one - but the Divine Beasts, oy... they're just a pain. Not fun IMO. I don't think they're required to defeat Gannon, but they make it easier and the game really pushes you towards doing them.

So basically, I'm stuck. I don't want to do any of the remaining tasks the game is offering me. They're not fun, and if a game isn't fun... well fuck it. Entertainment is the whole point here.

Never had that happen with a  game before, where I was really into it, enjoying it, put in tons of time, then... bam - brick wall.

I've come across plenty of games where I just couldn't get into them in the first place, but anything where I've put in more than 8 or 10 hours, I've always finished.

If there were cheat codes for this game I'd use them, just to see the ending. I've checked though, and there don't appear to be any - which sucks, single player games should always have cheat codes IMO.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:17:16 PM by Niloc »

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 6: Knight Industries
  • Suck it
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 05:11:27 PM »
I totally feel you.. I didnt do 1/2 the exploring you did.. I tech'd up my stamina and then my hearts.. just enough to get the master sword (which btw.. you DONT actually need - which is STUPID IMO for a Zelda game).

You have to beat the deivine beast to beat gannon but you dont need the master sword nor hylian shield to beat gannon and beating gannon was a joke compared to the divine beast puzzles..

This was by far the worst zelda in the series if you actually ask me.. It was always a point to have to get the master sword and shield to defeat Gannon and the boss levels always where the heart of the game.. and they really did go way too far out of the zelda box with this one and spent way too much time in open world.. I paid for the season pass and never signed back in after beating the game to get any of the extra content..  I was SUPER disappointed in this game and really hope that dont screw up future versions of it.. even more I hope that they dont jack up metroid prime 4 when it comes out... I BARELY use my switch after I bought it.. :( Mario odysee for me was terrible, zelda was barely a zelda game only by name..  :(  unless nintendo gets that VR headset out and drops some AMAZING new software this console is a total miss for me..  the fact that ALMOST every game on the system is a port from an older system/game/online (has been heroes, axiom, etc) If they dont get a decent NEW title out soon.. im going to box it all back up and shelve it. :(
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, SF2: CE, SF: The MovieNSM hyperbeam 100 disc Jukebox,