Author Topic: McDonalds tries the false scarcity marketing  (Read 1395 times)

Offline ZackRen

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
Re: McDonalds tries the false scarcity marketing
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »
25,700$ final bid.. wow.. If this joker actually paid I will be SHOCKED.

That's actually insane. It can't be true, can it? Say it isn't so…

Offline Shdwknt

• Level 5: Power User!
  • Suck it
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
The bid is real.. if the dude paid.. that is another subject.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2 Conversion Cab, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' world; Street Fighter the movie, T2- the arcade, SF: CE

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
I'm telling you..

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 01:10:18 PM »
That just won the internet for the day.. and now I'm done.. lol wow.. I'm dying.
Red White and Blue IGT Slot, Mortal Kombat 1 original cab - with switcher for MK II, SF2 Conversion Cab, Revolution X, Konami Simpsons cab (with NBA JAM  and TMNT in it); NSM hyperbeem 100 disc Jukebox, 6ft sony licensed Spiderman Statue, califorina speed sitdown, crusin' world; Street Fighter the movie, T2- the arcade, SF: CE

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
It's an unbelievable story, but it's an unbelievable society these days also. Can't wait to hear the stories about people getting shot over sechuan sauce. you know you can actually buy some in the grocery store too, right?  ...which would be much better than any crap McDonald's gives you in a little packet. I'm sure there will be boycotts and pickets and people whining and bitching like everything else, and more physical attacks on McDonald's managers over their chicken nuggets.

Out of the blue I actually had a taste for chicken tenders so ended up at McDonald's at midnight a week ago and they were out of chicken tenders, so I settled for chicken nuggets and they tasted like crap anyway, but they profusely apologized to me for some reason so maybe it was the same day as all the sechuan craze bullshit.  I just thought it was very strange, but I didn't go crazy over it. It's Mc Donald's, get a grip.

Offline PinHobby

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »
Pure Genius! Got people that don't even eat fast food talking about it didn't they? Bet many of those non fast food eaters will go and try it too. Genius!
Pins: ST PRO, STTNG, ST 25th Anniversary, Bally Star Trek, South Park, POTC, Monopoly, Black Rose, TWD Prem, WOZ and MMR.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 12:43:56 AM »

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
send me a few packs you cheapo ; What MCD is this at.. I want to try it

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »
For awhile there I thought this was just a ploy.. you know say they are bringing it back to get the punk asses to shut up then not actually bring it back.

Offline Shdwknt

• Suck it
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:32 PM »
McD cant afford that.. they are loosing thousands of customers a day.. people just dont eat McD's like they used to -- though TBH I havent been in a McD's in almost 3 years but just from the stuff I see online about downward swings in sales and ways they are trying to promote products.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »
McD cant afford that.. they are loosing thousands of customers a day.. people just dont eat McD's like they used to -- though TBH I havent been in a McD's in almost 3 years but just from the stuff I see online about downward swings in sales and ways they are trying to promote products.

Yeah, McDonalds is pretty much the most convenient place to get lunch from my office and I still only go maybe 3 times a year. Mostly when I just haven't made any other plans or packed a lunch. Breakfast all day had me back for a while but I got sick of that pretty quickly - plus pancakes for lunch = afternoon naptime. My boss frowns upon that, apparently I snore.

Their new chicken sandwich was good the week they introduced it, but then I had another one months later and the piece of chicken got tiny... like the size of a chicken tender. Not worth $3 for the sandwich alone.

I admit I will get some szechuan sauce to try out of curiosity though. Even though I already know it's going to be mostly-sweet and not much else.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Call me Nummy
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »

I thought it was to be available everywhere?

Anyway.. I hit up McDonalds every now and then. It's funny, I never liked them in the 80s.. to me they were bottom rung. But that was back when Wendys, Burger King and KFC were all really good.. now that Wendys is mediocre at best (ie if you can find a well run Wendys).. Burger King has the worst fries and the worst chemical coke.. and the only thing marginally edible at KFC is the tenders and it's not like those are good.. Mcdonalds has kinda wormed it's way into being OK for somethings.

Still, I pretty much only like the Big Mac, Nuggets and the occasional Sausage McMuffin.

On the sauce.. as previously stated I'll give it a try if it's reasonable to get one but I'm not going out of my way, waiting in line or wading through a bunch of hipster trash.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »
>I thought it was to be available everywhere?

Yeah, same.

If this is going to be a whole big thing I'll happily skip it.

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »
If they'd go back to cooking the fries in tallow McDonalds would OWN the market.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline Big Al

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:47 PM »
I do not want to change the discussion of this thread . . . but I can not help myself for commenting on how stupid marketing ideas actually do work or even how the general public 'bites' on this.

This is definitely a marketing strategy and its working.   
 :roll:

Seriously, Mc D will do this marketing ploy again and soon.

BTW, I like to stay home in my home game room and play arcade games.

Happy gaming,
Big Al