Author Topic: Room @ the Inn ??  (Read 1806 times)

Offline stevenp

• Level 2: Villager
Re: Room @ the Inn ??
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
Just booked at Doubletree (minutes ago!) for Fri-Sat nites for $186 total, 2 ppl King bed. Searched thru Trivago, it took me to hotelpower.com for the booking, found a hotelpower code for $10 off $150.

Also, happy to give a ride to anyone who wants to leave WPB/Boynton area Friday morning and come back Sunday eve.  Heck, open to sharing the room too! (King-sized bed, I sleep close to 1 edge...)

PM me if you want a ride or to share the room.
Pins: LOTR LE (NIB), LWJP (NIB), CV (NIB), WPT, SST, LAH, WWFRR, Rollergames, Gold Strike, Delta Queen, Wild Fyre, Rio, Stars, Demo Man, Super Straight, Gulfstream.

Vids: JROK MultiWMS, ArcadeSD cocktail, Lost Tomb.

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about that price. I booked throught Hotwire.

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »
Just tried to book doubletree-
Sold out Friday.
Saturday like $180.  Website not showing FPF rate available.
Will do a better search later when I get in front of a real computer.

I guess thats what you get waiting until the last minute-
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Offline stevenp

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
See my post above. Can't help any more than that, unless I actually book the room for you. ;)
Pins: LOTR LE (NIB), LWJP (NIB), CV (NIB), WPT, SST, LAH, WWFRR, Rollergames, Gold Strike, Delta Queen, Wild Fyre, Rio, Stars, Demo Man, Super Straight, Gulfstream.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:55 AM »
Thanks.  I am always hesitant about bulk travel sites, but i will give it a shot.

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:15:58 PM »
Thanks.  I am always hesitant about bulk travel sites, but i will give it a shot.

Never skerd. Iv used them all so much in my travels. I also love airbnb! I have never had an issue. Last time I checked airbnb in Orlando you could get a condo for like $120 but can't promise location. I live about 1.5 hr away but want time to adventure outside of the event. For example there is a place called Chocolate Kingdom really close by.

Offline mandelbloom

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
I see the deal as well but several complaints online about hotelpower I’d hate to get there and not have a room !
Have - HUO NGG, HUO IMVE  , HUO MET Premium DD "Special Edition" , HUO TSPP, HUO GB Premium  56 others on pin cab

Want - Super nice to CQ Funhouse or a really nice EM/early SS with lotsa drop targets!

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:14:19 AM »
I travel about 3 weeks out of every month for work.  More than once I've seen people turned away due to availibility even though they had 3rd party reservations.  The hotel's position: "Not our problem.  You didn't book with us."  Hence my hesitation about bulk travel sites....

Hotel Power (through Trivago) is still showing the deal-  Yet Hilton direct online, a call to the front desk, and a call to Hilton central reservations, is stating there is no inventory for Friday night.  No rooms means no rooms- These 3rd party aggregators are not pre-buying blocks of rooms to resell.  Couple that with bad reviews, you must prepay, no refund if you cancel after 11/10, or pay an extra fee to "allow you" an 80% refund if you cancel by 11/15 makes this a pretty unattractive option to me.

StevenP- You got a smokin' deal.  I am not trying to be all gloom-and-doom, but I would call the Doubletree directly to make sure you have a reservation and get a confirmation number.  It would suck to get an email 2 days before stating otherwise or not have a room on arrival.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »
Been checking daily, and last night some rooms opened up for Friday night.  I'm set!

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
For example there is a place called Chocolate Kingdom really close by.

This place sounds perfect for you, Greg.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 08:40:10 PM »
Mmmmmmm.  Chocolate. 

Offline stevenp

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
I travel about 3 weeks out of every month for work.  More than once I've seen people turned away due to availibility even though they had 3rd party reservations.  The hotel's position: "Not our problem.  You didn't book with us."  Hence my hesitation about bulk travel sites....

Hotel Power (through Trivago) is still showing the deal-  Yet Hilton direct online, a call to the front desk, and a call to Hilton central reservations, is stating there is no inventory for Friday night.  No rooms means no rooms- These 3rd party aggregators are not pre-buying blocks of rooms to resell.  Couple that with bad reviews, you must prepay, no refund if you cancel after 11/10, or pay an extra fee to "allow you" an 80% refund if you cancel by 11/15 makes this a pretty unattractive option to me.

StevenP- You got a smokin' deal.  I am not trying to be all gloom-and-doom, but I would call the Doubletree directly to make sure you have a reservation and get a confirmation number.  It would suck to get an email 2 days before stating otherwise or not have a room on arrival.

hmmmm... hope everyone checks this forum friday afternoon just in case, or I may be sleeping in my car! Seriously, thanks for the heads-up. Never had a problem with 3rd-party reservations before and will definitely check next week to confirm.

Offline stevenp

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
Well, I called today to check and Doubletree confirmed my reservation.  No worries here!

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
Well, I called today to check and Doubletree confirmed my reservation.  No worries here!
Good to hear!  Better safe than sorry.

Offline stevenp

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 10:43:04 PM »
Yup. Got lucky with a good deal. Still willing to split room if anyone is looking for lodging.