Author Topic: New Super Chexx Pro  (Read 247 times)

Offline stargate

• Level 2: Villager
  • I didn't fall, I attacked the floor
    • Cocktail Hour Entertainment
New Super Chexx Pro
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
Did you see the new Super Chexx Design with the jumbotron scoreboard. I like it but I cant find any videos with sound.
DIFFICULT takes a few seconds, IMPOSSIBLE a few minutes
-Rodney McKay

I am ready to face any challenges that may be foolish enough to face me. -Dwight K Schrute

Pinballs; Stargate, South Park, Champion Pub, Whirlwind, No Good Gophers, Blackwater 100, Red & Ted Road Show, Roller Coaster Tycoon. Arcade Games; Pac-Man Battle Royale, Vertigo Multicade, Arcade Legends, DDR, Guitar Hero, Galaxy G3 Live Darts, Super Chexx, Super Kixx, Addams Family Shocker, Arctic Thunder, Hydro Thunder, Cruisin' World, Need for Speed Carbon, Dirty Drivin', hoop it up

Offline dog789

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: New Super Chexx Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »
WOZ RR 75th #1178, CC Congo, Dialed In LE #54, GBLE # 110, Restored CCC, The Big Lebowski #28, Modded TWDLE #319.

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:02 PM »
I wouldn't buy a new one over a nice HUO and spend another $1K just for that.. you never really have time to look at the screen when playing anyways, and what's there isn't any more informative than the old ones.  You still get Shots on goal and Goals, as well as a countdown timer on the model before this. 

But I'm more in this for the nostalgia, before I bought the one I have I really wanted a minty 1983 USA vs. USSR version, a minty classic version seems hard to find.. and delivers 100% of the gameplay of the newer ones. 

BTW, why is this posted in the for sale forum? 

LOOK! Your shoe is untied!

Online FUNWIZ

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
Did you say $200 for it?   SOLD
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline khabbi

• "haub-bee"
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
On a side note, it's kind of funny to think that Stern only beat out Chexx Hockey on the color displays by about 10 months.   :D

Offline stargate

• Level 2: Villager
  • I didn't fall, I attacked the floor
    • Cocktail Hour Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:55:20 AM »
dog789,

did you find a video with sound? That looks like the same silent video I saw on youtube. I want to know how well they implemented sound and the videos into the game or if it's a waste. The score board looks cool but it looks like they have all these stock animations of blue vs red in the videos which I dont like b/c all my teams are painted to match the NHL teams. It would be great if they had stock videos of each team that you could load into the game to match all NHL teams, but I doubt it. I'll be at IAAPA in Orlando next week and will ask.
DIFFICULT takes a few seconds, IMPOSSIBLE a few minutes
-Rodney McKay

I am ready to face any challenges that may be foolish enough to face me. -Dwight K Schrute

Pinballs; Stargate, South Park, Champion Pub, Whirlwind, No Good Gophers, Blackwater 100, Red & Ted Road Show, Roller Coaster Tycoon. Arcade Games; Pac-Man Battle Royale, Vertigo Multicade, Arcade Legends, DDR, Guitar Hero, Galaxy G3 Live Darts, Super Chexx, Super Kixx, Addams Family Shocker, Arctic Thunder, Hydro Thunder, Cruisin' World, Need for Speed Carbon, Dirty Drivin', hoop it up

Offline khabbi

• "haub-bee"
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »
dog789,

did you find a video with sound? That looks like the same silent video I saw on youtube. I want to know how well they implemented sound and the videos into the game or if it's a waste. The score board looks cool but it looks like they have all these stock animations of blue vs red in the videos which I dont like b/c all my teams are painted to match the NHL teams. It would be great if they had stock videos of each team that you could load into the game to match all NHL teams, but I doubt it. I'll be at IAAPA in Orlando next week and will ask.

I was curious so I talked to Chexx today- the music and crowd/boo's are digitized and much clearer than the old version, and you can turn them up louder (I don't recall the sound level ever being a problem on the old one).  The sounds are just like they are on the version I have, cheers/awws when a shot on goal occurs and crowd noise when someone scores.  The main difference is the clarity of the sounds, on the older ones the 30 year old setup sounded weak.. new version is crisp, clean, and loud (if you want it to be). 

The video shots are the ones you see of the blue/red players, there will be no customization.  As far as NHL teams on the overhead LCD screen in the scoreboard portion, these are only available on the NHL version ($3395 table if you order with coin door, $3195 w/o door).  The OP or owner can set both sides in the setup menu to an NHL team.  Otherwise, it's just red/blue or USA/Canada on the non-NHL versions. 

The new version looks great for those willing to shell out the cash.  If I ordered one, I'd do the NHL version with coin door, Lightning/Blackhawks, with Lightning ice graphics (Almost $3500 delivered).  I think mine at $1800 would be worth keeping, however.