Author Topic: So far November sucks !  (Read 238 times)

Offline kbvette

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
So far November sucks !
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

Oddly quiet on this forum with soooooo much fodder for discussion.
                          Pick your poison
                          Political Christians circling the wagon around Judge Roy Moore
                          Trump"s  wishy washy acceptance of Putins meddling in the 2016 election
                          Gop"s "Hail Mary" tax reform bill.
                          Muellers widening investigation of Trumps campaign associates
                                           For those that don't give a damn....how about a listen to Pres Duterte  serenading Trump

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:56:14 PM by kbvette »
Don't blame me,I voted with the Majority.

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: So far November sucks !
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:53:42 PM »
I think you need to get a Trumpy Bear, so the rest of this month will look better for ya...lol
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline kbvette

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:58:45 PM »
I think you need to get a Trumpy Bear, so the rest of this month will look better for ya...lol
                    Well that's the spirit and a start any ways.

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:09:51 AM »
You're only on the tip of the iceberg...  So many things.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
By the recent minimal activity on this forum, my guess is the following-  People no longer give a sh!t.  Society is content with accepting the unacceptable.  People will still vote for Moore, even though he has around 10 accusers stating personal experience that he is a creepy perv that hung out at the mall while in his 30s hitting in teenagers.

My favorites so far:
- The Moore perv story
- Sessions tripping over his d!ck over and over while getting grilled.  Gee, i guess that photo refreshed your memory!
- Trump badass talk during election rallies about what hes going to do to our enemies China, Japan, and N. Korea.... what an about face during his trip!
- a trump nominee for a judgeship that has never tried a case.... and was deemed as not qualified by the bar association....oh, and forgot to disclose his conflict of interests (uh.... married to someone in the white house)

Tax plan soon which will cut the inheritance tax!  Thank god!  (Google the qualifications...  Surprise!  Doesnt help the middle class at all, no matter how pretty it sounds).

And on and on and on....
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender

Offline kbvette

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »

Maybe this forum is no longer needed ? All is good in the world,now that Trump and the conservatives are in power.

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 3: Hologram
  • ChiliCheese.org
    • ChiliCheese.org
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »
Maybe this forum is no longer needed?

Personally, one of the things I like about the hobby is that it provides an escape from the nonsense going on in the world. Seeing The Political Forum's ugly head pop up on the main page is a downer, so I'd vote "yes" to getting rid of it. (Or at least putting it in a collapsible section so it can be hidden by the uninterested.)

If I want to get my fill of harebrained political opinions, I can go to Twitter, Facebook, CNN, Fox News, work, the grocery store, church, my kid's PTA meeting, and/or open my front door.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:18:08 PM by scarabaeus »
Gentleman, that brings me to my next point: Don't... Smoke... Crack.

Vids: Cruis'n USA, Raiden/Raiden II, Metal Slug, Maximum Force, Ivan Stewart's Super Off-Road, Street Fighter II' CE, Sega Outrun, Retro Pi MAME
Pins: None :'(
Wishlist: Afterburner II (Sit down - Holy Grail), Super Hang-On (Sit down), Jurassic Park, F-14 Tomcat

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 06:45:45 PM »
I've been pretty busy at work recently, so haven't had much time to check here.  Is there anything controversial going on that would prompt discussion?

Hollywood is full of creeps.  Moore's a creep who should drop out.  Frankin's a creep who should resign. Clinton actively enabled her husband to assault/rape several women.  Congress has a system to pay off victims and hide creeps once they're elected.

Clinton blamed someone/something else for her loss to Trump.

Trump went to Asia, WW3 didn't start.  He did have a funny passive agressive tweet though.  Some were offended/appalled.

Tax bill is chugging it's way through Congress. No one here has probably read it or watched testimony (at least I haven't).  Too early to tell if it may be good or bad?

Saudi Arabia had an internal power grab by the Crown Prince.  If he stays alive, this will effect US policy for decades.

A Navy pilot drew a penis in the sky over Washington State.  Probably ended his career.

Anything else to talk about?

As for the forum... we can always post stuff in the general forum next time something comes up to talk about or not talk politics if we're all too sensitive now. 

Sacarabaeus, I'm sorry there isn't a better way to filter out a part of the forum you dislike.  This forum didn't start out about arcade games and many of us have been here long before that focus (25 years now).  I suppose we could be upset that it's changed, but I'm happy to share our online home if you respect our place in it too.

Offline kbvette

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »
I've been pretty busy at work recently, so haven't had much time to check here.  Is there anything controversial going on that would prompt discussion?

Hollywood is full of creeps.  Moore's a creep who should drop out.  Frankin's a creep who should resign. Clinton actively enabled her husband to assault/rape several women.  Congress has a system to pay off victims and hide creeps once they're elected.

Clinton blamed someone/something else for her loss to Trump.

Trump went to Asia, WW3 didn't start.  He did have a funny passive agressive tweet though.  Some were offended/appalled.

Tax bill is chugging it's way through Congress. No one here has probably read it or watched testimony (at least I haven't).  Too early to tell if it may be good or bad?

Saudi Arabia had an internal power grab by the Crown Prince.  If he stays alive, this will effect US policy for decades.

A Navy pilot drew a penis in the sky over Washington State.  Probably ended his career.

Anything else to talk about?

As for the forum... we can always post stuff in the general forum next time something comes up to talk about or not talk politics if we're all too sensitive now. 

Sacarabaeus, I'm sorry there isn't a better way to filter out a part of the forum you dislike.  This forum didn't start out about arcade games and many of us have been here long before that focus (25 years now).  I suppose we could be upset that it's changed, but I'm happy to share our online home if you respect our place in it toops.
  Ahem.....since you mentioned Creeps.....how about "you can grab em by the pussy"Trump, the current Pres of these great united states.Should he resign?

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Good question.  If he ever actually did that and the aligations are credible, then yes?  That's not much of a statement from me though, remember I thought he was a creep before the election and couldn't bring myself to vote for him even though an even bigger creep was running against him.

I think we should have standards of behavior in society, especially by the most powerful.  I thought the same thing in the 90s when I was a Democrat.  The party's reaction to Bill Clinton is one of the things that made me question the party (and media) and eventually led me away from it and it's solutions for government.  As someone who has never "grabbed em by their..." and has enough deciency to find that a vulgar assualt, I can't imagine what goes through these creep's minds.  Do they not have women they love?  Do they hate all women?  Unconscionable behavior.

Offline Baiter

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

Oh the tax bill is bad, by all measures, and every variation of it, for everyone except the rich and corporations.  No long term tax cuts for middle class, and no consideration for the ballooning national debt.  I would have normally opened up a thread to go over details, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.  I'm game if anyone else wants to try, even if we lay some ground rules like sticking to the facts, no opinions allowed.

Trump initially reversed the ban on importing endangered elephant head trophies into the U.S., but tonight put that decision on hold to study conservation data.   Honestly that's a big deal, perhaps the first time he actually stepped back from his blanket reversal of all regulations he can get his hands on.

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
Yeah the Elephant ban repeal seemed like a bad idea... glad to see him step back to reconsider the decision.

Taxes are a hard topic to debate or even become informed on.  I know I don't have the time to dig into it more than what the over simplified articles for and against it are going to say. The devil is in the details with tax law, especially exemptions and loopholes... and then you throw in that all tax law is based on predictions of the future... good luck with that.   ;). As long as you have a progressive income tax system with exemptions, you're going to have both parties complicit in keeping it complex enough to hide favoritism.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:52:29 PM by Yosho »

Offline Baiter

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 02:39:40 AM »
That's the key... to cut deficit spending, either government spending goes down or tax receipts go up.  However we have spending at same levels (regardless of the many program cuts) and the new tax plan has tax receipts declining, which increases deficit spending.

Justification was given in the old trickle-down economics theory that has been proven to slow economic growth relative to times when the burden was shifted away from the middle class.  In this bill, any of the paltry middle class tax cuts in there actually get phased out in a few years resulting in tax increases, while corporate tax cuts, estate tax cuts, etc are permanent.  It's smoke and mirrors.

In fact here is congress' own report on the effect of the new tax plan.  It looks good initially with cuts across the board, but by the time year 10 (2027) rolls around, we see rates go up for everyone making $75k and less, and lower for everyone making $500k+.

https://www.jct.gov/publications.html?func=startdown&id=5040
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:50:27 AM by Baiter »

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 07:42:12 AM »
Duerte pretty much has one of the highest approval ratings in his own country than just about anyone in the world.

Duerte pretty much has one of the lowest approval ratings outside his own country thanks to the skewed media who has no idea what the Philippines is dealing with.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:32 AM »
Regarding taxes, whatever passes, will be easy to evaluate.
1) create a tax return from last year’s code
2) create a tax return from the new code
3) if amount paid in 1 > amount paid in 2, then it is a better plan
4) if amount paid in 2 < amount paid in 1, then it is a worse plan

If 4 is true, it will be fun to watch the conservative base try to defend.
Pins: TAF, TSPP, FT, Goldeneye, T2, NF
Arcade: MAME, Ice Cold Beer, Defender